Mattel Lion-o Arrival

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by MXTHUNDERCAT, Aug 30, 2016.

1. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

Now that mostly everyone that ordered the Thunderkittens has received them and we have a better idea of what this Third Earth sub will look like, i think its time to start the countdown to the Lion o arrival. Im guessing it will be out by mid month which gives us plenty of time to post some thoughts leading up to it. Things like what we expect, what we dont expect, packaging, etc....I know im extremely excited now that i saw how amazing the thunderkittens came out. Im want to see my liono next to TK and see the scale. In my opinion the Liono prototypes that had been shown up to NYcc were awesome. If they keep that quality with the rest of this sub ill be happy. I also excited to see what the final packaging will look like...

Fandabidozi likes this.
  2. Colton001

Colton001 Junior Member

I agree, I am very excited to see Lion- O now that I have seen the Thunderkittens. I love them, and how they turned out. Hoping Lion-O fits in great with them both. I am looking forward to the rest of the sub this year.
    I'm hoping for some updates along the way in regards to the line continuing. I know that all takes time, but as the line launches I hope we'll get some news, no matter how small that may lead to some hope for things to come/continue on 2017

Fandabidozi likes this.
  3. JapanRL

JapanRL Junior Member

I just received an email saying my Lion-o is delayed.
    I'm getting all of them shipped together in December, so I'm guessing this is a delay for everyone.

4. Fandabidozi

Fandabidozi Junior Member

I got the delay email as well. Gotta lol at the way it's worded. :rolleyes:

5. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Can anyone confirm whether a single shipment subscriber gets charged every month for each figure and then shipping charged in December or everything charged together only once in December?

6. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

As far as I know you get charged only when it is shipped.

7. Sebastiaan

Yea me too, I'm not that bothered because I have to wait until then too, BUT it would've been nice to see him already. What's a few extra days - we've been waiting since July last year anyway.

8. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Are they trying to be funny with the TSA or am I missing something? :)

Wilycub likes this.
  9. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I got the email too. Not terribly surprising - I know there was some strikes or something earlier this year in China that seemed to push everything back a bit. Mattel doesn't seem to be the only one with this issue. I would expect all of them to be a little late.

10. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Cool, that's good to know. Thanks Sebastiaan.

Next time there is some shortcoming with the TCats figures or orders, we could ask them why wasn't the TSA on top of those things. ;)

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  11. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i haven't had a email . does it state how long the delay will be ?

12. Colton001

Colton001 Junior Member

Mine said a couple weeks late, the end of September. Will he still be available during the normal September sale? I need to try and get another for my son.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  13. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Nothing at the moment says they won't be - but I predict a quick sell out.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. RKOERA

RKOERA Junior Member

I can't wait for these figures. But, I'm not sure what I'm more anxious about the figures or finally be done with Mattel.

15. Sebastiaan

I'm wondering that too. Question is though, because its late, will they just put it up for sale and tell people it will only ship later? Like they did with the kittens? So happy I don't have to go through the sale thing again. It was a nightmare trying to get my hands on the kittens from SDCC. That's one reason why I'm happy I subbed.

16. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

I actually got lucky with the kittens by buying them on Ebay from a member of this forum. He didn't include the packaging, but another forum member has agreed to sell me his. So I actually was fortunate to not have to deal with Matty at all in regards to the kittens.

As far as the sub goes, I am set to go and just waiting for my Lion-O to arrive at the end of this month. If nobody else provides scale comparison shots of Lion-O and the kittens when people start getting theirs, I will be happy to do so.

17. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

18. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

The bio is terribly written. Like it was done in another language and put through a translation program.

adssse and Wilycub like this.
  19. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Totally agree with you. Who writes these things? They already messed up the ThunderKittens' bio, and Lion-O's bio looks like it is a child's third grade essay. :frown

Mark M likes this.
  20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

What and awful Bio and what and awful looking figure.
    The ab crunch really spoils the look of the figure.
    As for the rest of the figure...it doesn't compare to Bandai's. The head looks really odd from the side angle, the claw is awful and the proportions of the figure look really off.
    Whatever company take over Thundercats in the future please ditch the MOTUC style and 4 Horsemen.