Mattel Lion-o Arrival

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by MXTHUNDERCAT, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Thunderpants

Thunderpants Junior Member

The sword hand on mine is a little bit sloppy but there's no danger of the sword falling out.

More annoying is Wilykat's smoke bomb turning upside down all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

Out of interest have any overseas people has theirs yet as I'm here waiting for the postman every day

3. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

Im from South Africa and nothing yet. Im still waiting on my Club Grayskull Beastman that was shipped on September 1st. My Lion-O was shipped on Sept 30th. I dont expect him to arrive sometime November.

4. Aluro

Aluro Active Member

I'm in the UK and I'm still waiting for mine.

Had the shipping notification about 2 weeks ago so it should be any day now hopefully unless the customs crew decide to hold it ransom

5. Lando452

Lando452 Junior Member

Pixel Dan just posted a review of Lion-O

Mark M and adssse like this.
  6. Aluro

Aluro Active Member

Has anyone tried equipping him with the metal sword set that came with the bandai sdcc lion-o and the stgcc red lion-o ?

I've got both of them sealed , but I'm really tempted to open one of them just to see how the metal sword and rack scale with this guy lol

7. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

Yeah, there was a post somewhere...maybe on he-man.org that someone did that along with the claw shield. pretty much everyone agreed that the Bandai weapons looked better.

adssse and Mark M like this.
  8. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

just got my lion o in the post . must say he looks great really happy with him :)

Berserker and Mark M like this.
  9. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Will have mine tomorrow... fingers crossed :)

10. Ravnos7

Ravnos7 New Member

Got mine a couple days ago and finally had a chance to open it today. Everything from the packaging to the painting is friggin' beautiful!

Berserker likes this.
  11. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Got mine and I'm happy to report there are no issues at all. The TC symbol is a little off-centre but thats it. :)

Berserker and Thundergod like this.
  12. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

Has anybody noticed that the mattel thundercats packaging is just a rip off of the season 1 thundercats DVD box set?
    Lion-o figure looks great, good job on the figure mattel.

13. Aluro

Aluro Active Member

I'm still waiting for my subscription lion-o :(

14. luketommo2

Same here....
    I keep waiting every day but then... nothing!
    One day it will arrive to me here in the UK

15. luketommo2

Ffs
    Just got a card in the post from Royal Mail asking for £12.62 customs charge for this..
    This is going to be expensive if this keeps happening with the terrible USD to GBP rate+customs charge+overseas bank usage charge liono has cost me £44!!!

I hope this doesn't happen every month

16. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

The Sword of Omens that comes with the 6" BanDai is almost the exact same sculpt and size of the Mattel one and as the blade isnt so broad, I think it will ook perfect with te figure. Any non-MOC collectors try this?

I'm in The Netherlands and my Lion-O wasnt charged wih any extra fees, but I think the 3rd or 4th figure I get will be. I believe they can keep track of how many parcel go to a certain adress and if enough parcels get thru customs without fees, the adress gets flagged and will be chared with custom fees from then on. So if your first figure got "cauhgt" it doesnt bode well for the next 4.

17. Aluro

Aluro Active Member

Wow that's below the belt for a 30 quid figure.

Looks like I'll most likely get the same when I get home tonight then :(

18. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Really sorry to hear about the charges! It does make collect extra expensive. Strange how some of the cheapest figures I've ever bought on ebay had the highest customs charges, then the very expensive ones like the kittens only cost me $5 :wilykit:wilykat

19. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

It's strange how some people get a charge i bet your pretty pi$$ed off by the charge i know i would be . . I'am in the uk and didn't get a charge on my lion o it doesn't make sense .

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Customs charge can really kill the excitement of getting something you really want. I remember when I finally got a rare Takatoku Blitzkrieg Combination Dai-X robot from Star Fleet X-Bomber. It cost me £280, postage included...and on the day I thought it would be arriving I got a Royal mail card informing me I had to pay an extra £72 customs fee. I really wanted the robot but even £280 was a bit more than I really wanted to spend on it. But the customs charges really made it not worth the price I paid for it.