Mattel Lion-o Arrival

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by MXTHUNDERCAT, Aug 30, 2016.

1. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

I just wonder how they choose the items to charge as surely all the UK ones come in on the same flight and the same customs...it's obvious that they are the same
    Out of interest would they open the packaging to see what's inside the box???
    Ie to check I guess for drugs etc etc

2. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Got mine this morning also had to pay customs fees £11.85... The value of the item was set at $95.. The post master believes this could be the reason for the fee... never mind lion-o is here and and very happy no QC issues.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  3. Aluro

Aluro Active Member

Still no sign of mine and no customs notification either ....

maybe time to start worrying

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Why would they mark the value of one figure at $95?

5. luketommo2

$95 value...surely you can complain to mattycollector to try to get a refund on the charge as the value of the contents should only be $25???
    And I thought if the value was under £30 then no charges would apply

6. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Your charge is correct. Both my monthly Lion-O figures arrived a few days ago (also with a £11.85 customs charge on each of them! :( ) Your getting charged £3.85 VAT (20% of $25) plus the £8 handling fee. Anything valued over £15 is liable for VAT charges and since the £ has plummeted against the US dollar, a $25 figure is worth more than £15 now :( If the UK pound doesn't recover going into next year I'll have to be very choosy in regards to what I buy from Super7 going forward.

Anyone who hasn't been dinged for customs fees is lucky and sometimes they do slip through. Strangely I got charged for my single subscription Filmation Beastman figure, but I also bought 3x Filmation Beastman at $25 each on sale day and that $75 package arrived without any charges! There isn't any reason to it other than the luck of the draw it seems!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  7. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Looks
    Looks that way as no charge on the kit & kat soo can't complain. .. I knew there could be charges soo no big deal to me,just sharing my experience. The lion-o looks great and soo glad I got these figures

blackiecats likes this.
  8. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Any of you guys gonna bother to track down the alternate Lion-O? I see there isn't too many on ebay.

9. blackiecats

That's the way to look at it :) and it's only 3 more shipments (a 12 month sub WOULD have been a nightmare! :( ). In hindsight I should have ordered 5 single ship subs as at least then it's only a single £8 handling fee to pay in December. I can live with the VAT charge, it's the greedy Royal Mail wanting £8 to pay the fee on my behalf that is terrible!

At least one of my monthly Jackalman figures has combined shipping with my subscription Evil-Lyn, so if I get dinged on those they will share the £8 handling fee. I've contacted Matty to try and get my 2nd monthly Third Earth sub combined too ready for the November shipment, but I don't hold out much hope of that happening...

Thundergod likes this.
  10. luketommo2

Does anyone know if Mummra will ship with another figure as a value of $0?? Or will again ship separately

11. blackiecats

I'll wait and see what I get with my 3 remaining single ship subs first, but likely not as I think prices on Lion-O will shoot up once Super7 announce they have the line...

12. blackiecats

He will ship as zero as he is 'technically' a free figure as how Matty word the sub, the initial $25 you paid was the sign up fee :) My Club Grayskull Filmation Evilseed AND MOTUC Despara sub exclusives were both unlisted on the customs label :)

and Mumm-Ra will ship with Pumyra for sure. My Evilseed shipped with Beastman and Despara shipped with Darius earlier this year ;)

13. lipster

lipster Junior Member

So just got my lion-o from the single ship option. And one was totally messed up. Has anyone tried to get a replacement since he sold out on Matty after he sold out for the December Sale?

14. blackiecats

I'd contact them and ask as they might have only sold a small percentage of the CS stock when he recently went back up. Sent you a pm :)

15. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I finally got my Lion-O in my single shipment. Of all my figures, he was the only one to have slight QC issues. By slight, I mean faint paint spots on his one leg and white marks on his one boot. But its really not a big deal. His hand I had to heat and freeze so that the sword would sit properly. It's still holding great so I'm thrilled. Luckily mine arrived without the claw attached to his side, so I won't have to worry about possibly snapping off that peg. An awesome figure. Now bring on the red version S7!!!

16. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

Just got all mine with the single ship. All of them look amazing! Lion-O looks better than I thought in hand, but his left eye has a small flaw. The black vertical line/pupil is too far to the left, almost all the way to the edge. It kinda bothers me that somewhere, someone painting it thought, "eh, that looks good enough." Other than that I'm really impressed with the figures.

17. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

Trying my hand at doing toy reviews as a hobby at the urging of my wife and kicking it off with a review of Lion-O. Planning to have all the cats reviewed within the next couple weeks in between other figures.

Sebastiaan and adssse like this.
  18. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Great review man! Really liked it. Glad your wife insisted!! Looking forward to seeing the others. PS: I hope you do mention Wilykat's wrong coloured sleeve - I've hardly heard any reviewers mention that - as well as that they were displayed on the wrong hoverboards lol.
    PS: I did notice one thing that was not in your review and I haven't seen it anywhere else - has anybody noticed the gaping hole, or rather absence of plastic beneath Lion-O's crotch? If you turn the figure upside down you can see that his shorts is not "connected". I checked with 2 friends who also has their figures the same. There is a loose piece and a piece that's stuck to his buttocks. Not sure if this was done because of movement of the legs or something like that. Just interested to hear what you guys have to say. (PSS: it's not intended as criticism on your review. I really enjoyed it. Ho!)

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Pretty much all the non-loincloth wearing MOTUC figures have the same problem and a something that I really dislike about the MOTUC buck body.