Mattel Lion-o Arrival

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by MXTHUNDERCAT, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Lando452

Lando452 Junior Member

I'm still deciding if I wanna pick one up

2. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

sold out.

3. englishw

englishw Junior Member

Lion-O sold out in about 8 minutes at qty 6.

4. Lando452

Lando452 Junior Member

I gave in and picked up 2, and I picked up a Battlecat since I don't have them

5. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

my fist impression on this sale is that scalpers were a little afraid that they weren't gonna be able to bleed peoples wallets and some of them refrained from buying up as much stock as possible....leaving enough for people that wanted these to collect...this is more realistic to what a sale should be like without scalpers...still sells out but in a reasonable amount of time to allow people to purchase it.....big difference from an item selling out in 45 seconds to 8 mins.....

6. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

sadly I forgot about the sale and missed out.

7. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

selling out inside 10 mins is still good . it can only help the lines chances of a future .

8. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

With Matty saying they wouldn't ship until the end of the month, I wasn't expecting to get charged until then. Now that I know what to expect, I can be more prepared for the next 3 months. It just caught me off guard was all. But everything is fixed now, so I'm good.

9. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

We don't get charged until the items ship. We get pre-authorized the full amount, but that will drop off after 3-5 days on a credit card. Debit card I'm not sure about (it might actual look like a charge?) as I'd NEVER give Digital River access to my bank account money! lol

Fantastic that Lion-O sold out so quick :) Hopefully this proves there is a market for the quotas Mattel had set :)

10. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

Man!!!!!!!!!! It sold out so fast that when I hit pay it already send me an error for the check out... At least I got General Sundar from MOTU She-Ra. It looks awesome...

11. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

I don't have a credit card, so debit was my only option. While the quick sellout is nice, you gotta wonder how much of that was scalpers.

Mark M likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That doesn't really make much sense. In the 8 years Matty has been selling MOTUC the vast majority of toys have sold out relatively quick. And in all that time it has done nothing to improve the brand. It just proves that they were able to sell a small amount of toys to its fans through buying multiple subscriptions to support the line and scalpers hoping to make a little profit on EBay. So I doubt Lion-O having a quick sell out will make much difference.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  13. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I bet eBay is gonna be flooded with Matty Lion-O's in the next few days :) All "CONFIRMED PRE-ORDERS" ;)

Wilycub, Roadpigjohn and Sebastiaan like this.
  14. Fandabidozi

Fandabidozi Junior Member

I totally forgot about the sale - tho I was in two minds anyway. It's a long wait till February when I'm expecting my subs to arrive.
    Reviews are gonna have to tide me over til then.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  15. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

It already is! :D Shall I indulge and buy me a Lion-O?! Since I no longer want to wait for my sub to arrive at the end of the year.

Fandabidozi likes this.
  16. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I'm surprised you didn't go for DHL shipping on a single ship sub? I bet it was close in price to International Post?

Fandabidozi likes this.
  17. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Hey guys, friendly mod note - Let's keep this thread on topic: Lion-O. MattyCollector/subscription/business models can be discussed here Thanks!

18. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Right now I see around 30 listings!

Mark M likes this.
  19. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

I've just looked at my credit card and it seems as though Matty Collector have taken an authorisation for my liono figure so it seems to be in progress
    Anyone else have the same?

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  20. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Yep, Lion-O's on his way to Holland :)

thezaxfactor likes this.