Mattel Lion-o Arrival

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by MXTHUNDERCAT, Aug 30, 2016.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Agreed. I would like to see the figures available for purchase. I would be ok with a sub because I would plan on buying them all anyway but not preferable. It seems like they could just take preorders and based on those they could have a good idea of how many to produce

Wilycub likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The subscription method works in theory and a lot of MOTU fans have been happy to put up with it, but not all collectors feel that way.
    The problem with the subscription method is, that aside from how long it takes to release the figures, that when the figures are released and their is problems (like the Lion-O in the TNI review) it is just a lot of hassle to get the figure to be replaced, and in the case of UK and non-USA buyers, it is basically impossible especially for people who had to resort to third party sellers on EBay etc.
    I would prefer retail but since that seems to be out of the question it would be nice to just log onto the site and order the figure/s when I want/can afford them.

Super 7's other products aren't through a subscription method and obviously seem to be doing very well for them. And since MOTUC is so popular and in demand by fans I don't understand why they would adopt Mattel's subscription method now.

Pre-orders like you said Adssse would be a far better way of doing things.

Wilycub likes this.
  3. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

mark watch what you say you know what its like around this place for having a opinion :roflmao;)

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

LOL. I know, and this site is one of the best for stating opinions and having interesting discussions compared to some other forums for popular 80's toy brands. ;)

5. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I love how Lion-O looks. And judging by the photos I've seen, he looks much better than the promo photos they'd put up of the actual figure. Pity about the claw / clip issue, but perhaps the narrator of that video was just a bit to heavy handed. Then again, maybe not. I'll make sure I take extra care when removing mine. I've seen photos of him posted next to the Bandai Mumm-Ra and they look so great together. Thrilled I got me one just in case S7 doesn't continue with the line. I haven't though seen any photos of him with the kittens. Would anybody mind posting a photo of them side by side?

6. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Found this online. Not too bad, but in no way perfect either. I think the 8" Lion-O looks better (scale-wise).
    [​IMG]

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

No, I wouldn't say it's down to him being heavy handed. The guy does lots of reviews of toys from various companies and makes mention of any QC problems with them regardless of what company makes them or how much he likes the property.

8. Berserker

Berserker Glass Walker

I think a preorder system as well as a subscription option would work well so you can order one at a time or the entire years worth. It still wouldn't completely solve the problem of sell outs and frustration though. A made to order model would make pre-order wait times a lot longer. There is just no way to completely please every buyer.

Mark M likes this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree a preorder and subscription method would be the best way to try and please everybody.
    With Mattel and Toyguru not being involved, scaremongering people into buying multiple subscriptions for the line to last and scalpers seeing a golden opportunity to grab what they can to make a profit on, should hopefully do away with quick sell outs...and Super 7 hopefully making bigger quantities would help. ;)

10. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I like this!!! The start of the 6" line Ive always wanted!!!

Ianm1225, Berserker and Fandabidozi like this.
  11. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Well my Lion-O has made it to Indiana - yahoo, just a lil bit to go to hit Michigan. How about you adssse?

12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I have the single shipment so I am in for a long wait!

13. Kidqward

Kidqward New Member

Got my Lion-O figure today, first Thundercats figure ever (longtime MOTUC subscriber), and wow...he's awesome! Also, wanted to note that the problems the TNI reviewer had with his Lion-O (the claw shield peg and warped right hand) aren't an issue at all on mine. His right hand's grip is tight and his claw shield pops in and out quite easily.

14. Colton001

Colton001 Junior Member

Mine arrives tomorrow. I am so excited to get him. And with the little good news today about the future with Super 7, I am again really looking forward to these.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  15. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

I got mine Wednesday and sadly I did have problems with the right hand on mine. But if I squeeze the hand together while he is holding the sword, he is fine so long as I don't move him much.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Try putting the hand in boiling water for a minute then squeeze it into shape and hold it under cold water.

17. Lando452

Lando452 Junior Member

I should be receiving mine today

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

18. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Mine is out for delivery. :) I'm still debating on whether or not I'll even open it. Probably not at least until I'm able to move.

19. englishw

englishw Junior Member

Got mine yesterday! :D He's fabulous!

20. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Got mine. Still in the package, but he looks great, and from what I can see I don't think I have the hand issue.