Matty Collector 2016: Pumyra (Tweaks)

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Lionus, Feb 20, 2016.

1. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I don't and am happy with the MOTUC parts bank for 2 reasons:

1/Brand new tooling is very expensive and with the parts re-use where possible means getting those brand new tooled figures like Mumm-Ra, Ssslithe, Snarf and the ThunderKittens. Otherwise we'd be looking at a couple of figures per year and potentially a cancelled line because they have not sold through enough to move on to the next new tooled character. We'd never get to characters like Willa and Mandora that have been fan demanded for years.

2/MOTUC fans will jump on and support the line since it works scale wise with their MOTUC collection. We need as many fans as possible to keep ThunderCats going long enough for us to get a decent collection including the fan favourites we've always dreamed of made in plastic!

Gerrit and Ianm1225 like this.
  2. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I only use FB these days for a couple of games and the chat. The rest I skip over these days as all I ever see is a load of crap, a few arsey memes and more crap.

Gerrit likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I understand what you are saying. It's a bit of a double edge sword. Do they spend money on new tooling in hopes of appealing to more fans or do they just stick with MOTUC to save money and hope the MOTU fans decide to collect them. But the MOTUC buck is so dated by todays (it wasn't even that great in 2008 ;) ) standards. No double joint knees or elbows. The arms and especially the hips are so limited. And most of all the buck cannot pull off Lion-O's iconic sword holding pose.
    I do agree scale definitely is an issue. I love the look of the new DC Icons figures by DC Collectibles. Not really a big fan of DC aside from the animated shows, but the Icons line has some stunning figures, especially the new Wonder Woman that puts Mattel and 4 Horsemens DCUC figures to shame sculpt, articulation and accessory wise. But in a baffling design decision they decided to make them a new smaller scale that does not fit in with the current DC Collectibles figures, DCUC or Marvel Legends. As nice as they are I really doubt I will bother with any of them.

4. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

I've always really liked the MOTU buck's level of articulation. Double knees and elbows almost always look horrible.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Gerrit likes this.
  5. Mindless-Focus

Mindless-Focus Junior Member

I agree. It's weird. I usually love more articulation, but with this line (and MOTUC), I prefer the level of articulation we have. Also, lump me in the camp of living the revision.

Joa-O and Gerrit like this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Some companies can execute the design better than others.

7. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i'am really happy with how the figures look . i have no issue with any of them

Ianm1225 likes this.
  8. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Agree ... the MOTUC buck is awesome!! With the creativity we have seen with some of the later MOTUC figures, this buck is going to look awesome on TC's
    !

Joa-O and Ianm1225 like this.