MattyCollector Subscription Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys (2016 -)' started by Sebastiaan, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Great Void Dweller

Oh goodie! At long last. It must have been a horrifically long wait I'm sure. Now you can enjoy them. What do you think of the figures now that you finally have them in hand?

2. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I'm quite happy with them. They are very nice sculpts and are well put together. I wish the scale was a bit more consistent, Lion-O and Panthro could be taller, while Pumyra and and Jackalman are a bit big. I'm also surprised byt the paint apps. I got 2 subs and there are some inconsistencies and sloppyness between most of the figures. The standout for me is the Mumm-Ra figure, the QC on this one is excellent, as is the sculpt, he looks awesome on my Mumm-Ra shelf.

Mark M, adssse and Wilycub like this.
  3. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Congrats on finally getting your subs Booshman! :thumbsup Please do post pics when you can. It's always great to see your collection in which you place the various figures from various toylines together with your custom figures. :)

Mark M likes this.
  4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Great news Booshman! I am glad to hear you are pleased with them after such a long wait. Any ideas for your customs using this buck?

Mark M likes this.
  5. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Not as yet. I do think I might make Pumyra taller though. o_O She is completely in scale with the Cheetara I made, other than her legs are a bit shorter. If I lengthen them she'll fit in with the customs perfectly.

adssse likes this.
  6. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

7. krazycp

krazycp Junior Member

I did notice that Mattel also did not have the R (restricted) symbol next to Thundercats. I doubt that means anything, but who knows.

My thoughts are the deal is about to be done. Mattel is dumping all their remaining stock. I am 98% sure this is happening folks!

BTW - Picked up an extra Thunder Kittens for $60, because why not?

8. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

The Thunder Kittens are my favorite in the line. I love looking at them in there box on the boards with a very action pose .