MattyCollector transition to Super7

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by thezaxfactor, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

To be honest it's pretty cool they are doing that as the first He-Man head sculpt was awful compared to the two better versions (mini comic and vintage toy) that came with Oo-Larr (He-Man's alternate identity in the first mini-comic).
    Having a Keldor head with Skeletor along with the cape is also a really good idea as it gives multiple display options for your desired look.
    I might actually get some of these if the QC is better than the current level of Mattel's QC.

Roadpigjohn and Ianm1225 like this.
  2. SlaveofTheEverliving

SlaveofTheEverliving Junior Member

I take back everything I said about Super7. It feels good to be proven wrong!

3. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

Super 7 did non of that. thats all 4 horseman and Matty Collector. The only thing Super7 is doing is repackaging everything that was already created and sold seperatly, they are just combining lots of stuff into one package. a few things have repaints. but nothing there was even remotely connected to Super 7.

Just saying.

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes I agree and hopefully they can improve on the various mistakes Mattel made with those figures.

5. SlaveofTheEverliving

SlaveofTheEverliving Junior Member

As I am a MOTUC collector, I am fully aware that the 4H are the team responsible for the sculpts. Super7 chose to pick up the license. They also decided to continue MOTUC with the existing sculpts in mind- including all the aforementioned product reveals. They decided to update packaging to incorporate the new additional heads. So I guess they have something to do with these Ultimate Editions.

Just saying.

balgus82 likes this.
  6. ninja cat

Super7 said they would keep the packaging the same. My point was Super7 has nothing to do with the end product, thus far except repaints. They have not actually shown any new product.
    I am also a MOTUC collector.

7. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

We already knew 4H was still going to be the ones sculpting the figures, and that S7 would probably re-release some old figures. The point is that there doesn't seem to be any apparent loss in quality from the transition to S7.

8. ninja cat

Why would there be any loss of quality? S7 said they were going to continue to use the same packaging, continue to use the 4h and use the same production factories in China....so I didnt even think a loss of quality was an issue.

9. bchased

bchased New Member

Daremonger likes this.
  10. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

Wow the new packaging for the MOTU Ultimate figures is classic style like the originals.

It' awesome and I see Super 7 would be doing LJN kind of classic packaging when they get Thundercats the get go...

Sebastiaan likes this.