Maybe there is hope for some shows after all (No TC)

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Rizefall, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

http://sciencefiction.com/2013/03/2...-and-young-justice-may-not-be-dead-after-all/

I know this is the wrong section but as many people here has been discussing these shows with TC and that they also might get canceled... I just wanted to share it with as many peeps as i can.

"Fueled by fan outcry, a website called SMGO.tv is in negotiations with Warner Brothers to set up a meeting to discuss reviving Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice! Our prayers have been answered!"

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  2. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

I saw this. Green Lantern was most likely going to be cancelled for the same reasons as the NS, but there was little reason behind Young Justice. I'm glad there's hope for both shows and I'm willing to do a lot to get them back.

3. Rizefall

Kinda sucks there could not have been a Kickstarter for Thundercats T__T

4. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I think the budget for something like Tcats would be a bit more than Kickstarter could handle. The recent Veronica Mars Kickstarter only got a few million, and an animated show or movie would be considerably more than that.

5. Rizefall

For what reason? I dont see why it should be more expensive than a normal TV-show. Mostly cause they are now doing it with TWO DC shows. Hopefully, it's not set in stone just yet.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  6. whiskers D:<

whiskers D:< Barbarian

I already made a thread for this article yesterday but it's ok :). Anyway, i don't know if the same strategy can be used for TC. I mean in the TC petition we got like 9000 in like 4 or 6 months. YJ got like 37,862 in like 2 or 3 months. I don't think we can get fundraising like YJ because Yj I think has more supporters.And this is the last week that TC is going to be on. So lets make a last big hoorah.

7. balgus82

Well for example, the Kickstarter for Veronica mars had a minimum of 2 mil (though they raised over 4 mil) to get it going, with the actors taking a pay cut to get it done.

On the other hand Hellboy: Sword of Storms, back in 2006, cost 6 mil. And the movie wasn't even a full hour and a half long. I suppose it's possible to make a single movie by Kickstarter, but I think multiple movies or a whole second season of a series would be out of the question.

8. Rizefall

I agree that would be hard. But making a movie out off kickstarter just to finish the show would be cool. Question is if it would be enough and something that fans would be "fine with".

Feels like a movie would be too short to answer all the questions we want.

9. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

I would be fine with a movie. Maybe two movies could wrap. I'd be fine with them just finishing it via comics too.

10. balgus82

Yeah at this point I'd be ok with a comic to finish the show as well, a'la Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

With Dan Norton drawing it. I figure if I'm going for wishful thinking, might as well wish for that too. lol

11. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

We all deserve a little bit of closure, but in the end, we face reality.