Met Larry Kenney

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by adssse, Mar 1, 2016.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I went the the Great Lakes ComicCon this weekend in Detroit, Michigan and was fortunate enough to meet Larry Kenney. He is an amazing ambassador for the Thundercats franchise and he treated my entire family unbelievably well. You always hope that the people behind your favorite characters live up to your childhood dreams and he truly does. My daughter wanted to wear her 2011 Lion-O costume and he made her feel like a star! We were able to sit in the front row of his Q&A session where he remembered her name and had her stand up for the crowd. The icing on the cake was he even gave her a hug goodbye when we left. I just wanted to briefly share the incredible experience we hand an encourage anyone who has the opportunity to go see him.

By the way, he posted the following picture of us all on his facebook account:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0834332560864.479243.561475863&type=3&theater

[​IMG]

2. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

What a great story and an even greater picture! So happy to hear that you and your family had such a good time. Everybody who has ever met Larry has nothing but good things to say about the man. I've only communicated with him via e-mail and he does seem like a genuinely great guy! Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us all. :)

Daremonger likes this.
  3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

That sounds so incredible. :3

4. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I saw you FB post, buddy,SO awesome! Fantastic story and picture, just great!! :)

5. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Great adssse!

6. Mcaseres

Mcaseres Glass Walker

That's awesome! I hope he comes to the west coast sometime!

7. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

Yeah I hope he comes to Indiana as well. I've chatted with him over facebook. super nice guy.

8. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Very Special!