Mezco 2016 SDCC tease

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by ninja cat, May 25, 2016.

1. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

Mark M likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

3. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

Sweet! I would love a phasing or partially invisible Tygra if that is indeed what it is. Maybe with the yellow eyes like Cheetara and Lion-O.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

A completely invisible/transparent one would have been cool.

5. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

No, that's a regular Tygra. It will be a glowing eyes version, same as Cheetara at SDCC 2014. Just a different head with glowing eyes. What interests me more is if they add a statue with it. Historically, both SDCC exclusives came with a bonus figurine statue, MummRa and Snarf. I think that a ghost Jaga statue is a possibility. It's not an articulated figure and making it an Exclusive bonus does not require high production cost.

A semi-translucent ghost Jaga... Can't help but get my hopes up!

6. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I'm gonna go with translucent Tygra with GITD eyes and non-articulated Thunderkittens.

Mark M likes this.
  7. grune

grune Junior Member

Im going to go with im pissed off due to the fact that mezco did nothing with the thundercats since cheetara how many years ago? Finally release tygra it sells out and two damn months later oh here's an exclusive figure. I would of never gotten tygra if i would've known this. Whats a couple more months of waiting after how many years????!!!!!!

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I hope it's the Thunder Kittens then that will be the core line up finished for those that collect them.

9. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I'm hoping it's nothing too exciting, I bought regular Tygra less than a week ago, don't even have it in hand yet.

10. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

I prefer the regular releases over the exclusives. I display the regular Cheetara and MummRa. I don't like the glow in the dark versions. I only buy them if there is an exclusive bonus figure.

Mark M likes this.
  11. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I also hope that it doesn't include anything special as I have bought the regular Tygra. If it is a glow in the dark version then I'll pass but if it includes the kittens I will jump off a roof.

12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am hoping that the plush Snarf will make it to market. I would have to pick up one for the kiddos!

13. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

ThunderCats Phasing Tygra Con Exclusive

http://blog.mezcotoyz.com/thundercats-phasing-tygra-2016-con-exclusive/

"If you're a child of the 80s, ThunderCats was a thing. A pretty amazing "thing" actually, that filled many a half-hour blocks of afternoon TV watching during our wonder years.

The ThunderCats carried the proverbial torch which was lit — for me at least — with Thundarr The Barbarian, passed to He-Man and eventually handed to the ThunderCats, who ran with it from the mid to late 80s. One adventure after another broadening the horizons of Third Earth.

Heeding the call of the Sword Of Omens, Tygra's eyes flare as he sees the ThunderCats signal projected in the sky. He's off, across the battlefield, bolas in hand. The Mutants think they have him. They out number him twenty-to-one and they all have weapons of stone and metal, all he has is his whip — and his wits. He jumps, seems to flicker in mid air, and then he's gone from sight. Before they know what's happening, an invisible assailant is dismantling their forces from within their midst. Moments later, the mutants are in a heap, with no clue what hit them. Tygra phases to visibility again and smirks.

We're proud to present our convention exclusive phasing variant of Tygra, from our Mega Scale ThunderCats line.

The figure will be up for pre-order here starting June 8, 2016 as well as for sale at our booth at San Diego Comic Con.

~ Pierre "

[​IMG]

Cap'n Cracka and ninja cat like this.
  14. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

gotta catch'em all.

Mark M likes this.
  15. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

I'll be getting this! What's up with his eyes? Are they going to be glow in the dark? Or is that just an effect for the picture?

16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

This is very cool, but after just purchasing the regular Tygra I think I will just pick up the plush Snarf and pass on this.

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

At least Mezco showed there two SDCC exclusives. Mattel still haven't said anything.

18. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Well that's a relief. I only need 1 Tygra in this scale, and I'll take the regular over this. Still a pretty cool variant though.

adssse likes this.
  19. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

That translucent look will be great for Jaga!

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The figure would look better more translucent.