Mezco 2016 SDCC tease

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by ninja cat, May 25, 2016.

1. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Good point. Though I don't think they will mark up the Mezco figures to the level of Mattel toys, the saving does gets canceled out.

But since Mezco doesn't ship these outside US, BBTS is the likely option for international buyers especially if they don't do parcel forwarding or have friends who will ship the items for them.

I don't think it will sell out until next week. But if BBTS ends up listing them only in July, then you are risking it by waiting until then.

2. jabus

jabus Barbarian

You make an excellent point for our friends abroad. BBTS would be a great solution for them.

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thanks, I will probably order it from Mezco just to be safe.

4. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Here is what they tweeted back. So I guess the red paint has that glow effect.

https://twitter.com/mezcotoyz/status/741049680650461184
    "Tygra's eyes/chest symbol have a special glow-in-the-dark paint application."

5. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

Thanks Vivek. Their reply still confuses me. So, the eyes glow in the dark, but are they painted over red or are they yellow? I guess red? Still hope for yellow.

6. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Is this only on the Exclusive Lion-O and Cheetara figures ?

7. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Mumm-Ra Exclusive figure had the glow the dark feature for the whole blue body, not sure about the eyes.

8. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

They are indeed painted red (not yellow), while still having the GID feature.

9. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

10. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Very nice! Thanks for sharing, Vivek. :thumbsup

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Looks pretty cool.

12. jabus

jabus Barbarian

It does look pretty cool. I only opted to get the Snarf plush this year. I unfortunately were one of those who slept on getting the mega figures (figuring id get them later - dirt cheap). There was a moment there when they were getting clearance out at $20 and under. Looking at the prices they command for on the 2nd market now, they command more money than i'm willing to pay for em. Lesson learned.