Mezco Mezco also making Thundercats

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by elkkthunder, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Synthalus

Synthalus Junior Member

It could actually be the 12" license. Lion-O is taller than the rest with the exception of Mumm-Ra the ever living.

I love the look of the Mezco Lion-O figure and pre-ordered one!
    I couldn't make up my mind about the HH or IC mostly because of their price tags,
    but this Mezco figure has won me over so far.
    I might just leave it with only Lion-O depending how Bandai's 8" line will look.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. They or SSC could absolutely make something off of that image in a 12" fashion similar to the SSC Joe line. Extremely detailed and articulated with a window display. The core characters (4 Cats, Jaga, Mumm-Ra, 3 original Mutants) would absolutely sell out.

3. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

Now this looks like something to get excited about!

4. Mike Bock

Mike Bock Active Member

To me this is the best version of Lion-O so far. This figure absolutely rocks.
    I hope and I cross my fingers that they make more characters.

5. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Here's an updated alternate image Mezco sent us:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 267.jpg
      267.jpg
      File size:
      86.7 KB
      Views:
  6. neisan18

neisan18 Moleman

I've gotta say, this has to be the most cartoon accurate looking version! I wish it wasn't so expensive to get things shipped to Canada... But, I suppose that's the least of my worries with the property being so active lately. This year has already been a very Thunderous one.

I wonder if that is the final version? my only nit-picky thing is the contrast in colour between the arm and the hand holding up the sword is a bit stark...what do you think?

7. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Indeed it is, I love the detailed sculpt and the accurate colors of the clothing.

That's my only complain with this figure as well.

8. one distinction I remember seeing somewhere (will try to dig it up) is that the Mezco figure will be a vinyl figure which is why they were able to obtain a separate license

9. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/in...oduct_ID=5036&Category_ID=0&ChildCategory_ID=
    And Corner Store Comics has it for $31.99

Most stores at the manufacturer's site usually don't give discounts. It is the same case with statues from Sideshow or Hard Hero, which are available for little less at other online stores.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Mezco Grune and Jaga

I so want 14" versions of Grune and Jaga...like the giant ghost battle. :D

11. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

Has anyone heard anything on where the articulation points are yet?

It looks like a statue in the picture, bu that might be because it's a prototype

12. I don't think anyone's actually seen this figure, and to my knowledge Mezco hasn't released those details. I imagine we'll find this out at Toy Fair though.

Also I mentioned earlier that the Mezco figure is a vinyl figure but couldn't remember where I'd read that. Its in the WB press release blackiecats posted on the site here for NYTF.

13. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

Thank you for the response. I've never heard of a vinyl figure before.

Toy Fair is going to have a lot going on this year.

14. I'm thinking that the fact its vinyl is how Mezco was able to obtain the license. Since Bandai was granted the master toy license for the line, the fact that it is a vinyl figure must mean it isn't considered a "toy". Would absolutely like to know if this is true, or how Mezco came about acquiring the license. Not so much because I'm interested in the Mezco figure, but would like to know if its possible for Sideshow to be able to do a high end figure line for Thundercats.

15. elkkthunder

elkkthunder Junior Member

From the floor of Toyfair Mezco has on display Lion-O. A huge classic piece. Looks great. Articulated shoulder, wrists, neck and some sort of leg articulation as well. The rumor is that Mumm-Ra will be next!!!
    Merged Post:
    more Liono Pics http://tinyurl.com/6d6wztg

My favorite
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  16. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

He looks off for some reason, like a skinny alien.

17. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Its the best figure thats come out of this relaunch. This is how they should have designed the classics, or just make this mezco line the classics instead of the bandai 8' ones.

I wonder if mezco is making more characters.

18. Jase25

Jase25 New Member

Love the look of this figure - glad it will be more statue like and for around $35....Holy Smokes....I'll take 2 please! :thumbsup:

19. lion-hooo

lion-hooo Junior Member

I heard Lion-o comes with a collectors box, can't wait to see what it looks like. Anyone have any ideas?