Mezco Mezco Exclusive Cheetara and Snarf figures 2-pack at SDCC 2013!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by blackiecats, Jun 5, 2013.

1. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

http://www.thundercatslair.org/2013...eetara-and-snarf-figures-2-pack-at-sdcc-2013/

Mezco Toyz Reveals 3rd Summer Exclusive: ThunderCats Cheetara and Snarf Mega Deluxe Figure 2 pack

New York- As the world of fandom collectively counts down to the July 18th start of San Diego Comic-Con International 2013, Mezco adds fuel to the flames of excitement by revealing the details of one of their Summer Exclusives: Cheetara and Snarf Deluxe 2 Pack! This mega scale multipack features Cheetara, the Thundarian noble who is as lovely as she is brave and cunning, and Snarf, the much beloved sidekick of the ThunderCats.

This exclusive version of Cheetara features glow in the dark eyes; superbly detailed, with 10 points of articulation, perfectly capturing not only the iconic look of Cheetara as she appeared in the classic television series, but the essence of Cheetara as she proudly wields her signature bo staff in defense of her comrades.

Snarf, the comedic yet fiercely loyal sidekick of the ThunderCats, stands a snarfing 5 inches tall (in scale with the rest of Mezco’s ThunderCats Series) and snarfs a snarfity snarf snarf. Both are packaged together in a collector-friendly window box.

As a special for ThunderCatsLair.Org readers who order before 6/07/2013, use coupon code SNARFSNARF and receive a 10% discount off your Cheetara and Snarf combo!

This Mezco Summer Exclusive is a Limited Edition of 1000 pieces. A limited amount are available online at www.mezcotoyz.com/exclusives/, but don’t delay because once they are gone, they are gone forever!

Be sure to visit Mezco at San Diego Comic Con, at booth 3445.

Not attending? Follow the excitement on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram:

facebook.com/MezcoToyz
    twitter.com/MezcoToyz
    facebook.com/MezcoToyz/app_267091300008193

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That Snarf does not look great at all. Doesn't even look as good as the old LJN figure.

3. cheetara and snarf

being thundercats lover i guess i will take anything at this point :)

4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

The Cheetara figure looks really great, but the Snarf one is...okay.

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I really like the mezco line. I think I may have to pick this up.

6. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Hi everyone, just to prove that I am still alive!! ;)

Personally I actually quite like the Snarf figure - I agree that Cheetara has the edge, but I still really love both figures! :)

I'd love to get hold of one of these, but sadly being based in the UK and having recently channeled most of my spare money into setting up a home recording studio (part of the reason I've been absent on the forums of late), I'd think it unlikely that I'll be able to snag one. Still, a man can dream! :D

Take care... :)

7. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

9. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

All that google search tells me is that Snarf was drawn a lot of different ways and his face proportions change from picture to picture. And God forbid a 2 inch tall sculpture isn't exactly perfect.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing right.
    It's odd as the majority of the other figures he has sculpted are excellent.
    Don't get me wrong it still looks like Snarf, it would just have been better a bit more screen accurate.
    Not that I am bothered as I don't collect the Mezco line.

11. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Cheetara looks great but her eyes are kind of weird, why the pupils are so white??!!

12. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I assumed it was because the eyes glow in the dark? :confused:

Take care... :)

13. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Went to see how much shipping was on this... $13 (ouch)

14. Originalthundercatroar

Originalthundercatroar Vortex Explorer

Why in the world did they put Snarf with Cheetara? Don't get me wrong, I'm supporting the toyline by buying it, and I'm beyond happy that Mezco is continuing to make the ThunderCats line, but why did they choose to place those two characters together?

The only thing I would change about this is that they put Lion-O and Snarf together like they were for the original 1980's release, paving the way for Cheetara to be made with WilyKit as an accessory, and then Tygra with WilyKat. I realize that the cost would go up, but for a limited release for the SDCC, it would have been epic! (Of course, if Mezco is making a surprise ThunderTwins 2 pack with spaceboards, I'm completely up for that!):thumbsup:

I ah, I hope that the whites of Cheetara's eyes are just a shot of the prototype? She kind of looks like she should be exchanging endearing bon mots with the priest in the movie The Exorcist.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  15. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree that the inclusion of Snarf with Cheetara does not seem like an obvious fit like Lion-O would have been. I plan on picking up Cheetara, but think I may end up getting the regular release. As others have said the glow in the dark eyes throw me off a little and as much as I would like to get Snarf along with her I am not sure I can swing the money right now anyway.

On the subject of the twins, I would love it if they came in a 2 pack! But I hope Tygra is released first.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That is the colour the SDCC's version will be as they glow in the dark. Personally I think the standard release looks better.
    I am very happy Mezco are continuing the line, I just wish we were getting 6" scale figures. I just do not have the room to collect these 14" figures.

17. wallbie

wallbie New Member

I'd love to get my hands on one of those con exclusives. I've got Lion-O, Mumm-Ra and Panthro. Hopefully they put Slithe or one of the rat mutants out there as well.

18. Thunderbee

Thunderbee Junior Member

Got them!!!

Got the box today with Cheetara AND SNARF... The do indeed ROCK:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:liono
    http://i44.tinypic.com/4ljdky.jpg
    http://i44.tinypic.com/2j4d0f4.jpg
    http://i43.tinypic.com/2j51m34.jpg
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2hd5zl4.jpg
    http://i41.tinypic.com/sbj9et.jpg
    http://i41.tinypic.com/2d0m7lx.jpg
    Merged Post:
    Eyes are WHITE, but have Yellow Pupils like she did in the cartoon when called by the Sword of Omens. I like it, keeps her looking serious... The other version of her makes her eyes look "less serious" for some reason. They DO GLOW in the dark... Not as AWESOME as The Mummra Variant, but they do glow!

Snarf is one piece, not poseable... and simple paints, not detailed like the decrepit Mumm-ra exclusive. But still, I am LOVING THEM!:thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  19. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Congratulations, Thunderbee!

20. Irish_Legend

Irish_Legend Moleman

She looks great they should have added a glow in the dark Panthro head in there also since he was the only one not to get a sdcc exclusive hes the only cat without the light up eyes

The one exclusive that makes sense and im surprised they not done it yet would be Jaga
    live version for retail and ghost for the con throw in a panthro head also lol