Mezco Mezco ThunderCats toys in 2015

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

This is confirmed. Mezco is going to be revealing their 2015 lineup at Toy Fair, and ThunderCats is one of their re-acquired licenses.

No idea what category, scale etc. but it would be a good guess that it'll be 6 inch given they just moved into that space last year.

You can now do your happy dance!

Edit: Given that Mezco hasn't previously had rights to the 1:12 scale it is probably a bit optimistic to think we'll see a line in this coveted size. There would likely have been a bigger announcement between WB and Mezco if this was the case. We can still hope though! Or perhaps extending the megascale line could lead to a future 1:12 line.

2. Blackwing

Blackwing Berbill

Yuppie!

But. I hope upon hope it's a continuation of the current line. Please for the love thundera let a toy company finish a line of main thundercats. (...beyond the minimates line.)

Poor poor wilykit and kat, always last in line. ageism.

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Heck ya, happy dance in full effect!

I would be thrilled to see a 6" line! If that is the case I hope we get a decent variety of figues.I have 4 of the large Mezco figures and would also like to see Tygra in that scale.

I am going to assume that the license is strictly for the 80s Thundercats as that would only make sense. Thanks for the great news!

4. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

YES!! I'm assuming we get figures but no vehicles....

Any who we now don't have to worry about sloppy paint apps and black joints lol

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

This is awesome news. If they are 1:12 figures and the pics of their Batman, Dredd and Mortal Kombat figures are anything to go buy these will be amazing and better than anything Mattel, Playmates, Jakks or Hasbro could have released.
    Only downside is these will be pretty expensive.

Just looking at the Dark Knight and Dredd figures with their various hands and weapons if for example Lion-o was done in this style he would have a couple sets of hands, his long and short swords, claw shield (able to hold sword) and maybe Snarf.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  6. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Yes indeed!

I'm getting the sense this would be our adult collector line and WB will give the master toy license to another toy company for kids and collectors both!

Tmnt is a prime example

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Too early to say but without a new cartoon or movie I can't imagine their being a Master licence.

8. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

Does anyone know if these will b poseable action figures or just statues?.......what is the date of the toy fair?

9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Looks like Toy Fair is Feb 14 - 17 so we won't have to wait too long.

I am not that familiar with Mezco's smaller scale or price point (sounds kinda expensive?) but I am super excited to see what they have. Does Mezco normally release one character at a time as they did with their large scale figures? If so I hope it sells well and continues so we can get the full team and secondary characters!

10. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

This is extremely exciting! Are there any links we can read the release on? I tried googling to find it and couldnt. This isn't an early April fools right? Because I'm super excited! I really hope they're 6" instead of any massive scale.

11. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

does anyone here have direct contact with Mezco that could verify if they are 6 inch...one at a time....etc....any info that can come directly from someone at Mezco....

12. Mark / Grizzlor

Mezco has only done poseable figures for ThunderCats in the past, so it is unlikely they would do statues.

13. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That would be great. Statues are nice but I think the vast majority of us would prefer articulated figures.

14. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

do they do highly articulated figures..like playmates did with classic tmnt, or mattel with motu? or just minimal movement like the past thundercats mezco line....

15. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I hope this is for real -- that Mezco still hold the "ThunderCats" license.

16. I do not know why people are assuming it would be a line of 6" figures and not a continuation of the 14" statues they are already doing.

17. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

I guess we're just hoping they notice the difference in success with MOTUC. :liono

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It is pretty much because Mezco is focusing on 1:12 scale Batman, Judge Dredd and Mortal Kombat.
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=OOC10002&mode=retail
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=OOC10000&mode=retail

I owned some of the Mezco Family Guy figures which were quite nice. Not overly articulated but well sculpted for the most part. Some likenesses (Peter and Stewie) were a bit off and the paint could have been better. Hopefully they have improved a lot since then.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  19. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

If this is confirmed, i hope they at least finish the megascale line with a Tygra. I know that seems to be the major complaint with fans about the Funko line. Many don't want to start the collection only to have it unfinished. While the 1:12 line would be great, i think the price tag of $60 and up would scare off a lot of potential buyers. Especially if the line which would include hopefully at least 5 figures, you are talkin in excess of $325 not including shipping, which would raise it up somewhere between another $35-$50. That is a lot of money for the average (not die hard fan or collector) to dedicate to a line. That price would also make friends and family of someone they know that likes Thundercats choose not to buy it for them as a gift. A somewhat affordable line between $20-$25 would end up generating the most sales but i highly doubt whatever may be released would fall into that price range. Only time will tell but if there is going to be a release WE are going to need to really support it in hopes that it is profitable for Mezco so they continue on with it.

20. Mark / Grizzlor

I can say again. It is 100% confirmed that Mezco is going to do ThunderCats figures and they will be revealing them at Toy Fair. I've had this directly from one of the key guys at Mezco. They are not saying what scale these will be in.

It is a good guess that Mezco would want to do these in 1:12 but as Bandai previously held the license for that scale, it is unclear at this point whether Bandai has the rights to work on that scale.

It is entirely possible that they would continue in the megascale line, probably with Tygra up next.

It is also possible they are doing some other scale or format. We won't know more until Toy Fair, or unless they decide to release more info ahead of that.