Mezco Mezco ThunderCats toys in 2015

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think a Mutant would make for a much more interesting addition to peoples collections after Tygra.

Pretty poor though they only got basically 4 characters out in 3/4 years.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

Mutants would require at least a three full-size figure commitment. Kittens on the other hand can come out the same way Snarf and Mumm-Ra did. I'm personally torn on the Mutants. On one hand, Slythe would be awesome to have. On the other hand you really need to have all three, and spending money on a Jackalman just doesn't sound exciting.

Yes, the collection is moving at a speed of a glacier. But the part to remember is that it's the ONLY part of the ThunderCat franchise that has any life to it. Everything else is dead.

3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Don't forget about Vultureman, Ratar-O, and Ratilla. ;)

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The release speed on toylines really bothers me. I don't collect or own any MOTUC figures anymore but at least they were releasing at least one new figure each month. As for Transformers and Marvel Legends they release a full wave of figures to collect so it gives me something to do and build towards if I don't purchase them all in one go. One of the things I really enjoyed about collect was out hunting looking for new items on the shelf.
    As I have said though figures are the only thing I am interested in collecting this is why an action figure line of Thundercats would suit me best LOL.

5. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

If Mezco where to release ThunderCats in One:12 it would be strictly sold online, would that bother a lot of consumers for those wanting ThunderCats in retail?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  6. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

If some people are willing to pay $65 for a 6" clothed figure, I don't think the lack of retail is going to bother many of them.

But I do understand some collectors want the option to browse through the lot and pick the one they want after inspecting for any minor flaws. Then there is also the fact that they can save on shipping.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  7. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

This will obviously be better than what we ThunderCats fans have right now, which is nothing at retail or online concerning new figures!

I must say I don't collect a lot of online collector pieces because just as you mentioned I like to mainly look/inspect at what I'm getting before I make a purchase. But ThunderCats will be the only exception ^^

8. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

Oh, I strongly dislike fabric-clothed figures :(

9. wermm2

wermm2 New Member

i would love to see a new classic line

10. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

So do we think we are going to see Tygra on display at SDCC? If he truly is going to be out in October, I'd think we would. It's really too bad that he wasn't ready in time for them to have an SDCC exclusive like they did with Lion-O, Cheetara and Mumm-ra. He would have been awesome in a clear "invisible" variant or even just a glowing eyes version that came with a smaller, non-articulated character (like Cheetara and Snarf from a couple years ago). Anyway, here's hoping we see something!
    Wes

11. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

New Tygra is looking great! Can't wait to see him painted later this week. I was afraid we were never going to get him. :tygra:
    Merged Post:
    This will be my first complete collection of the four cats since the originals. I hope Tygra sells well and we get even more characters made.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  12. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Here are the pics and the writeup form the front page:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

14. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

The sculpt is amazingly well thought out.

15. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

[​IMG]

That's fantastic! Really excited for this one!!

16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I really like the way this is looking so far. The sculpt appears to be very cartoon accurate and everything looks on point. Let's hope their is lots of support and the line continues!

17. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

It's been a long wait... But it was worth it. The figure looks great!

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It looks nice. It will look great with the others for those that collect them.

19. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

Right after I posted, wondering if we would see this guy at SDCC, this pic showed up! :) I think he looks awesome. I'm so glad they kept the same sculptor and style on all of these. It's amazing how inconsistent some lines can be in terms of that. I also am consistently wowed by the paint jobs on these guys, so I expect he will look amazing once he is all painted. Tygra might be my favorite Thundercat…aside from Ben-Gali, so I'm very excited to own this. I hope he does well enough to warrant some Thunderkittens or Ssssslithe. :liono:cheetara::panthro::tygra:

20. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

If Tygra does well I think Jaga and Grune are very likely to follow. They can package the kittens with them.