Mezco Mezco Tygra Figure

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Vivek, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

2. Glasslite4ever!

Glasslite4ever! Berbill

Well, I think ThunderCats deserves much more than a new statue in its 30th Anniversary...

Anyway, congratulations for everyone who collect the mega scales !

Robear-Coll likes this.
  3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am happy to hear this. I would like to see what the actual figure looks like as it's hard to get a great feel from the picture.

4. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

Lion-O
    Tygra
    Panthro
    Cheetara
    Snarf
    Mumm-Ra
    Mumm-Ra The Everliving

It's a hell of a set from Mezco. If we got the Kittens and Jaga that would get us a complete main cast. Jaga can be just a sculpture, like the exclusive SDCC Mumm-Ra. I don't see a need for any articulation on him. Maybe make him translucent. Kittens can be articulated, and come out as a 2-pack.

If Tygra pulls in half-descent sales we may have hope to round out the main cast next year. I also would encourage people to go and order the other Thundercats mega scale figures if you don't have them already. Show Mezco that the Tygra figure generated interest. Vote with your wallet. As I said in the other topic, hopes of another Thundercats toy line are slim. The series doesn't have main stream pull anymore. The best hope we have for a full main cast is the mega scale line. May not be a favorite choice for some, but there are no other options.

Show Mezco you want the line to continue at least into next year.

5. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

I sent Mezco a thank you on their Facebook for reviving the line, even if it's just for Tygra. I suggest letting your voice be heard as well, and not just on a fan forum. I also encouraged them to do more characters with the attached image.

Attached Files:

6. catgurl

catgurl Moleman

This is great news! The box art looks fabulous. Hope the actual figure is just as good.

7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'm glad they're actually going through with a mega-scale Tygra figure. :)

8. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

I got a reply to my message from Mezco on Facebook. See screen attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  9. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I've contacted sculptor Jean St. Jean, who sculpted all MezCo ThunderCats thus far. He has confirmed that, as it stands now, he will sculpt Tygra as well!:D

Check out his work on Jean's Facebook or in our own MezCo section!

10. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

Will sculpt? Hmmm, so they haven't even started a prototype. Hope it's enough time to get built and mass produce before October. I would hate to see it get delayed to next year.

11. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Well, I dont have any info on the inner workings of MezCo or studios/ artists working with them so... Let's not get our Jump To Conlusions mat out just yet :D

12. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

I contacted him too, and he said that unless things changed, it would be him doing the sculpt. I too thought things would need to be further along than this for an October release.

It's really too bad he won't be ready by SDCC, as a transparent, "invisible" version would have been really cool as an exclusive.

I wish there was some way to get in non-poseable versions of Wilykit, Wilykat and Ma-mutt, much like the PVC ones that came with the original figures.

I wonder if Mezco plans for Tygra to be the last release, or if they may make others depending on his sales? Didnt the rights run out, and they re-negotiated for them? I doubt they'd do this just to make one final figure. that bodes well for either more mega-scale or the 6 inch line. :)

It's definitely a great idea to shoot them an e-mail expressing excitement/gratitude for the continuation of the line.

Do we think that the artwork shown was just meant to show us the character that is coming next, or do you think it is meant to be a concept, illustrating the pose he will be in?

Wes

13. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Pretty sure it's just to illustrate the character. I think the figure will have a more dynamic pose, like the other Mega Scale figures. The artwork is pretty cool, but that face.. uhg, thats awful...:rolleyes: Glad he'll be based on the animated show!

14. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

Based on the response I got from them on Facebook there is no plan beyond Tygra. It's all riding on the Tygra sales. He sells well, they will gladly make more. If he sells like the last ones did then no. That's why I encourage those that haven't got the mega scale figs to go and buy them from their site. Show Mezco that the Tygra announcement generated sales. This is our most realistic chance to get the main cast.

15. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

I think all of the other Thundercats have sold out on Mezco's site a while back, but I did e-mail them just to say how happy I was that they were making Tygra. Making too many characters beyond the most recognizable is probably not feasible at this scale, and if Tygra is it, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. It would be awesome if they could squeeze something else in though…I wish there was a little Snarf-sized Ma-mutt for Mumm-ra. :)
    Wes

16. Lynxana

Lynxana Junior Member

I live the UK, there's no way I can get any of the older Thundercats. All sold out.

17. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

I think Jaga is reasonable. They could make him the same way the exclusive Mumm-Ra was, just as a plastic statue. Kit and Jat are tricky. They would not sell well alone. However, a character like Grune probably would do well, it would look badass! Maybe they can do the Kittens as statues as well to include with other characters. Mutants wouldn't sell too well either, so options are limited.

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Amazon.co.uk and eBay are your best bet for getting them here in the UK.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed. Of course I am happy for the fans who collect the Mega Scale figures. Maybe they might unveil something else at Toy Fare. :rolleyes:

Oh well as much as I would have loved to have had new Thundercats figures at least my bank account will be happy LOL....and BEST OF ALL it also means I have more cash to put towards a special dream project. :thumbsup:

19. 80skid

80skid Guest

This is great news.
    I thought they discontinued this line & were not making a Tygra.

I hope they do an exclusive with WilyKat & WilyKit.

Robear-Coll likes this.
  20. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

I will buy Tygra .....but based on what someone else posted regarding mezcos response....this will probably b it for thundercats......for a few weeks I had high-maybe unrealistic hopes for a new line....but it looks doubtful.....I'm extremely disappointed.....

Robear-Coll likes this.