Mezco Mezco Tygra Figure

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys (2011 -)' started by Vivek, Feb 6, 2015.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That would be great! They could count me in for both as those are two of my favorites!

Wilycub likes this.
  2. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Would be amazing if Mezco really does make the Jaga and Grune figures. They have done a great job on the TC figures so far. :)

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

They should get some mutants like Slithe or Monkian done before anymore Thundercats.
    I agree. Except Lion-O's head and body could do with a bit of improving.

Oddly enough the Mezco Thundercats, at release, are cheaper than what people are asking for the Mattel figures on eBay LOL.

4. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

That's my only big gripe with the line. :( Otherwise the figures are gorgeous. Tygra and Cheetara in particular are simply amazing! I would have liked Panthro to be a bit shorter and more bulkier, but that's a very minor personal preference. And where else would you get such gorgeous 14 inch figures for such a price?

Can't wait to see what the Mutants are going to look like! :)

Mark M likes this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

At that size and price I am not sure. The only figures I can think of would be NECA's 18" 1/4 scale figures but they are around double the price but have lots more articulation and accessories. The Mezco line up is very impressive when displayed together. I owned the Lion-O and Mumm-Ra first releases but I sold them due to lack of space and the uncertain future of the line and the fact I prefer smaller more srticulated figures.

6. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

Mutants are a gamble. If they chose to go there they need to commit to three new figures. It's like the Thunderkittens, you can't just make 1. Jaga and Grune are safer as they are easy one-offs.

The idea I was pushing in my communication with them was to do Jaga the way the exclusive Mummra was handled. It would be a sculpted statue made from translucent plastic. Basically him wrapped in his cape. Grune would be the same style figure as the rest. The kittens can be a SDCC exclusive two-pack.

7. catgurl

catgurl Berbill

I agree. Just releasing only the Mutants for the next couple of years doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe it would have been better if they had put out a Mutant in-between the main heroes (Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara). I guess now all that can be done is maybe release one Mutant and then one hero and so on and so forth.

Hmmm. Not to sure if fans will be happy with a sculpted Jaga. People aren't fans of the TC statues in general. Maybe if they do two versions, the sculpted one made from translucent plastic as you suggested (spirit form) and an articulated figure in his living form.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I get what you both are saying but they can't have a line made up of just the heroes. As cool as Grune is he is a B list character at best. I really don't see why they would make him before making one of the more iconic villains in the series like Slithe, Jackalman and Monkian.
    The release schedule for these figures is what has done the most harm to the Mezco line.
    They should have released at least three figures each year of two heroes and one villain.

Wilycub likes this.
  9. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

Thing is, Grune is a legit villain. Mutants are a comedy relief. Even though Grune is only in a few episodes, he is far more menacing than the mutants. I also think if someone is not very familiar with the characters a Grune figure would simply look more appealing as a purchase.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I get what you are saying but that's like if they were doing a He-Man line and making a Count Marzo instead of Beastman, Mer-Man or Trap-Jaw.
    Grune was a great villain but even though the Mutants became comic relief they are more iconic as the Thundercats' main villains.

KosmoKat likes this.
  11. KosmoKat

KosmoKat Junior Member

Gotta agree with Mark M on this one. No matter how cheezy the mutants became down the line, they are the more iconic characters. Thats why you will see their pictures on a lot of merch but never Grune's. Mummra too was pretty dumbed down in some eps, still he remains the big baddie.

Mark M and catgurl like this.
  12. catgurl

catgurl Berbill

Any news from Mezco about their upcoming TC figures?

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If Mezco don't have any new figures...or I should say a figure....to show at SDCC I think it will be pretty safe to assume they will not be continuing the Thundercats licence.

14. KosmoKat

KosmoKat Junior Member

Bummer! Was looking forward to more big scale figures. Oh well. Gotta wait for Super 7's announcement now.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Hopefully they can announce something and have some prototypes on display at SDCC.
    Mezco's slow releases has really killed any interest there was in this line. I wasn't a big fan of Mattel's figures but in the few months they released figures they released more than Mezco has done in 6 years.