Mezco Mezco Tygra Figure

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Vivek, Feb 6, 2015.

1. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

Very happy to see they will be making Tygra. I just hope his portrait looks more like the cartoon and not so much like the artwork shown.

2. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Well, that another very cool piece I will not buy due to the massive scale.

Robear-Coll likes this.
  3. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

Personally, I encourage everyone to give the Mezco mega scale line a chance. Look at the history of the Thundercats toy lines. How much product did you see between 1987 and 2011? That's about where we are heading now. We had some interest in the franchise for a bit with the reboot, but it faded quickly.

The question you should ask yourself is this: what would you prefer to have, the Mezco mega scale line or nothing at all? I wouldn't get my hopes up for option number 3.

4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Well said!

I am a supporter of the Mezco line. I will buy Tygra and probably any others that they produce. The line has its faults and I would greatly prefer a 6" line, but I will do my best to support any quality Thundercats product.

5. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

I did a quick search on eBay, and even if you start from the beginning it's manageable. The figures are not that bad in price. Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara, and Mumm-Ra are under $50. If you dig around you may be able to find them in bundles to lower the cost.

Exclusives are a bit harder. If you want Snarf and old Mumm-Ra you have to get the exclusive versions and that's over $100 each.

$400-450 would get you the full set to date. Space that out to one figure a month and it's really not that bad. You pay more for gas.

The exclusive statue-like Mumm-Ra is one of my favorites. No articulation but the sculpt is perfect. I can really see a translucent Jaga made the same way!

6. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Robear-Coll and Daremonger like this.
  7. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

Cool!

Robear-Coll likes this.
  8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I will definitely be picking him up! I am still not sure about the teeth, but otherwise I am pretty excited to add him to the rest of them. It is nice to see that Tygra has finally made it to market as he seems to often be left out. I still would like to have a Funko Tygra!

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It looks pretty cool. I still don't think the likeness is as good as it could have been, same as Lion-O. It is nice the core line up will be complete though. It's a pity Mezco didn't make these far more articulated like the NECA 1/4 scale action figures. Then these would have been really awesome. :D

10. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

I absolutely agree with the teeth, but these latest pics make me even more excited to have him. I went ahead and pre-ordered just to show Mezco my interest. I'll likely pick up a second one somewhere along the way too. I'd love to see an exclusive clear version at some point. If this is the end of the Thundercats mega-scale line, I can be at peace with that. If they'd like to give us more though....I certainly won't argue with that either. :tygra

11. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

It's just a shame that they don't ship Internationally. These will probably go on ebay for ridiculous prices.

12. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

Will this be available at retail or just online? Either way I'll be getting him, but I like to buy at stores where I can to pick the best paint job.

13. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Think I'm gonna be painting over those teeth. If they were going to outline them like that they should've went with grey, not black.

Robear-Coll, Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  14. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Robear-Coll likes this.
  15. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

[​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Money is tight but I still need to scrounge up some cash to order this!

17. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

Too bad they kept the black outline on the teeth. But that's a quick and easy fix. The figure looks spectacular!

Daremonger likes this.
  18. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Yes, it does.

19. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

Think this will show up at TRU?

20. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I pre-ordered mine from BBTS. Just had to have him. Now I am only missing Panthro.