Mezco Mezco Tygra Figure

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Vivek, Feb 6, 2015.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thanks for the pictures! I do say he looks excellent, although I am still not a fan of the teeth. I may have to try and pick him up still!

2. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

You know his teeth really had me worried. I had already planned on painting over the black. For some reason in hand they don't bother me, I'm probably going to leave them be. Maybe others will be able to post better pics.

Robear-Coll likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The black on the teeth doesn't look as noticeable as on the prototype. Cool, pics. Looks good seeing the main cats altogether.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

5. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

Great review. Makes me want to take my figures out of their packages. Thanks for posting.

Mark M likes this.
  6. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Cant wait to get mine, especially after all these pictures! Any chance of some shots with the other TCats? :thumbsup

Mark M likes this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

No problem. Michael always does good reviews.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's cool that Tygra seems to jave sme ball joints at the hip unlike the other figures. I must say though in the review there is a picture of him beside Mumm-Ra and he looks to be a bit too bulky compared to Mumm-Ra...or maybe Mumm-Ra should have more bulk.
    upload_2016-5-1_11-42-45.png

Attached Files:

9. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

Just got my Tygra today! He looks amazing! I had reservations after seeing the teeth, but in hand, I really think they look fine. He looks amazing with the other 'Cats. These really are my definitive Thundercats. I have high hopes for the Mattel line, but these are going to be tough to beat for me. The sculpting, paint, weapons..everything is just spot on for me. I love how big they are. Remind me of how big the originals seemed to me when I was a kid. Back in the 80s, I only had figures of Mumm-ra, Lion-O, Tygra, Cheetara and Panthro, so it is awesome that Mezco has recreated all my childhood favorites! I am slightly bummed that we didn't get non-articulated pack-ins of Ma-mutt, Wilykit and Wilykat, but getting Snarf and Mummy-form Mumm-ra was pretty cool. If I had to wager, I'd say the line is done now, but just in case Mezco wanted to keep going...I'd take the following:

Ssslithe
    Monkian
    Jackalman
    Thunderkittens
    Ma-mutt
    Vultureman
    Pumyra
    Ben-gali
    Lynx-o
    Jaga

Of course if Mezco was going to release those, it might be like 10 years before we got them all...It would be worth it though! The rest have certainly been worth the wait, and I appreciate their dedication in getting at least this guy out there. :tygra

Robear-Coll and Mark M like this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree. I think this is Mezco done with Thundercats now. Mezco are more focused on their 1:12 line and other properties.

11. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I'd hope they do Kit and Kat to finish out the team.

Robear-Coll and Mark M like this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree. It would have been cool to see them do the main Mutants. Monkian, Jackalman and especially Sssslithe.

13. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

Yeah, getting all of the series one figures (including those main mutants) would have been really cool. I am still sad that we didn't at least get a Tygra in the Funko POP Thundercats line. I feel like those 4 main cats and Mumm-ra are the essentials.

Mark M likes this.
  14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya, I still don't understand his omission from the Funko line. They are a low cost line and were not a spread out release like some statues or even Mezco.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The release between each figure was far to spread out. In the span of five years they have only really released 5x (Mummy Mumm-Ra and Snarf don't count) characters. I think that was the biggest turn off for fans.

16. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

So Mattel is doing a Thundercats line? That's cute...

BOOM!
    [​IMG]

What can I say... Tygra is epic! The definitive figure if this character. This collection is moving slow, but it looks amazing! If you got Tygra, be sure to let Mezco know you want more characters!

Mark M likes this.
  17. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

I did touch up Tygra's teeth with white paint. It looks much better.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  18. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

Awesome pics! I like how the painted teeth look. What type of paint did you use?

19. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

Not sure of the brand, just white modeling paint I've been using for a while. Bought it a long time ago. But really, in this case it's a small area so any paint works. I made sure to use a thin brush and just touch up between the teeth.

I thanked Mezco on Facebook and keep pushing for more characters.

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

They look pretty awesome all displayed together. Some how I doubt Mattel will be able to match the unique sculpting for the body proportions.