Mezco Mezco Tygra Figure

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Vivek, Feb 6, 2015.

1. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

Technically the kittens should be next. The problem is that they are guaranteed to be a poor seller. They have to be made as accessory figures, similar to Snarf and Mumm-ra. And as much as I want a figure of Jaga, I want the ghost version. And the ghost version would work best as a statue, like Mumm-ra. Make it a translucent blue all wrapped in his cape... It would be amazing!

I think they can release Jaga and Grune and package kittens with them. Only one of those 4 would be a full figure, Grune. The other three would be accessory statues. I know in my past conversations with Mezco they were very interested in creating Jaga and Grune, specifically mentioning them.

Time will tell. But I think if fans keep,asking, they will continue. And if the Tygra sales are good.

Robear-Coll and Mark M like this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well if they did the proper Jaga instead of like Mummy Mumm-Ra they can use the mould for a colour version and a Spirit version.

3. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

Just wanted to say that the mezco tygra figure is by far the best figure they have done. Dose anyone know if they have plans to make any villains? I would love to get a full set of original villains to complete this set. Only having a mumm-ra figure just won't cut it.

:tygra:

Robear-Coll and Cap'n Cracka like this.
  4. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

No promises. Tygra is a test. If it sells they will make more. You want villains? Make sure you buy Tygra.

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I still think would have done better if the release schedule hadn't been so sporadic. Granted they did better than the statue companies but from 2011 to 2016 they should have made more than figure characters.

6. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

Agreed. Having a larger character figure selection would look better in stores. More confidence in the series. That's why I like that they have the Lion-O/Snarf re-release along with Tygra. Makes a stronger display.

Mark M likes this.
  7. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

Received my Tygra today. He looks amazing. I really hope that they do make more in this line. This has been an amazing line thus far. Now I just have to get my hands on a panthro.

Robear-Coll and Mark M like this.
  8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

My Tygra should be here tomorrow, but I will say I have Panthro and he is very well done as well!

9. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

10. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

I am a huge fan of this line. I hope to see it continue. Since they make limited numbers it does make the most sense for them to continue doing characters they can do 2 versions of using the same mold, so it would make total sense for both Grune and Jaga to be next in line. Although I think if Mezco did a Monkian, it would be one of the coolest Thundercats figures to ever be made. I think they would be an amazing job with him. I know it is unlikely but i am always going to keep my fingers crossed that we see a Monkian before the end of the line.

Mark M likes this.
  11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree that this line is very cool. Monkian would be a good choice as they need another villain in the line, but apart from hardcore fans would he garner the sales of a core Thundercat member or Mumm-ra? I would buy him or any of the other mutants. Of course my personal preference would be Grune!

12. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

unfortunately, i dont see any of the mutants bringing in huge sales. Thats why Monkian is more of a dream choice. Statistically, villains generally dont sell as well as heroes. Granted this line is directed a bit more at collectors than the average fan or person but im sure the numbers would still not be as high. But that would leave the possibility of only having Mumm-Ra and Grune as the villains for the line. I just hope there will be more then 2 (3 if you count mummy version of Mumm-ra) villains total or the line. Speaking of that, I wonder if we will ever see a Mumm-Ra (mummy version) released with a Ma-mutt, similar to snarf.

Robear-Coll likes this.
  13. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ma-mutt would be cool! I still would like to pick up Snarf (already have two Lion-Os so I don't really want to buy the pack) and Mummy Mumm-ra.

14. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

I wouldn't be surprised if sooner or later a mummy Mumm-ra with glowing eyes and ma-mutt is released. Fits the scheme ... get 2 releases per mold and on the second one make it glow and or add a little something (all other than Panthro).

15. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

They already did....except Mumm-ra's whole body glowed, not just his eyes...and came with non-transformed Mumm-Ra
    [​IMG]

Robear-Coll likes this.
  16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would be in for that as I need both!

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  17. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

i know, that release was of Mumm-ra the ever living with glowing hands along with the mummy Mumm-ra. I am talking about releasing the mummy form of Mumm-ra with glowing eyes (to change it from the first release) and a Ma-mutt (in the same size as Snarf). That would give 2 separate releases for the mummy Mumm-ra. So far all of the characters have had 2 releases with the second one being slightly different with a glow in the dark feature and or something added. ( 2 Lion-o's - Lion-O w/ the two heads, one w/ glow in the dark eyes and the regular Lion-O released with Snarf, 2 Cheetara's - Cheetara regular and Cheetara with glow in the dark eyes and Snarf, Mumm-Ra the ever-living regular and the one with glow in the dark hands and Mummy version of Mumm-ra, Tygra regular and now Phasing Tygra with glow in the dark eyes, Snarf released with both Lion-O and Cheetara. Only exceptions have been Panthro with only one release and the mummy Mumm-ra with only one release)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  18. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

going with the 2 release method it would also be feasible to think that we may see another Panthro released with Glow in the dark eyes and... (wishful thinking but..) Berbil Bill maybe?? While unlikely, it could happen. Because as of now Panthro will be the only Thundercat without glow in the dark eyes. He is bound to be released and i dont see just having the glow in the dark being the main selling point. I would imagine he would have something come with him.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would love to see Mezco sculpt Ssslithe and Monkian.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  20. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

That would be cool to see them in figure form for a change. Jackalman had his turn now with the mattel classics again.

Mark M likes this.