Mezco Mezco Tygra Figure

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Vivek, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I don't see what's so crazy. The stripes and spots look better. While yellow eyes wouldn't be my preference, they fit the brief given, to look like the cats have been alerted by the Sword of Omens.

Mark M likes this.
  2. catgurl

catgurl Moleman

Now that Mumm-Ra and the core Thundercats have been released by Mezco, can we expect some Mutants next? Or will it be the Kittens and the new Thundercats?

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am just hoping that they decide to continue the line at all at this point.

4. catgurl

catgurl Moleman

I think they probably will, even if they are very slow in releasing a new figure. Their figures do sell well. I feel that the Mutants should be next just to balance out the good and bad guys.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  5. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

I would LOVE to see Mezco's version of Slithe. That would be epic.

Mark M likes this.
  6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

As cool as I believe Slithe would turn out, I would rather see Jaga or Grune. That would also provide more opportunity for con exclusive variants.

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have said from day one a Mezco Ssslithe would look awesome.
    I get what you mean but I would far rather see one of the mutants to give the line a bit of variety.

8. Booshman

I want a Kit and Kat before anything else. As far as I'm concerned they haven't finished the main lineup yet. Got my Lion-O and Tygra in the post today. Tygra is really nice, Lion-O not so much.

Mark M likes this.
  9. catgurl

catgurl Moleman

I would love to see that. It would be the first Slithe figure we get since LJN made theirs. I'm not counting the miniatures. Is there a Slithe-like figure made by Mezco for other franchises? Someone who has a similar body type? It would help to visualize how Slithe might end up looking.
    I know what u mean. There's something about Lion-o's head that seems off. Either the shape of his face or the anti gravity hair. :laugh Tygra looks really good, probably the best toy version of the character so far.

10. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Spot on about the kittens! I don't know how that slipped my mind. They should absolutely be next.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well there was the 4" Bandai 2011 series Ssslithe. ;)

12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

True, one of the harder of the line to acquire!

Mark M likes this.
  13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Never seen one in person in the shops here. Not one of the best figures they made either.

14. catgurl

catgurl Moleman

I never warmed up to the 2011 series or its toys. I'm happy sticking with the original. I was digging around a bit and think that this figure of Leatherface made by Mezco is a good indication that they can get Slithe's body right

[​IMG]
    That would be nice too. It would be interesting to see 7/8 inch tall kittens. So far they've always been quite small in scale.

Mark M likes this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am not much of a fan of the 2011 series either. It had a lot of potential but it was squandered with bad writing, characters and pacing and taking far too long to get going.

It just goes to show Mezco could have done an equally good if not better job making Thundercats action figures. :D

16. Nitewing73

Nitewing73 Junior Member

How is the quality of the figures? I'm tempted to pick up the Lion-O with Snarf I've seen it at my local ToysRUs and I've been wondering about them. I don't normally get such large scale figures but these do look fantastic.

17. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

Best thundercat figure option.

18. Booshman

I think on the whole these are very good. having recently completed the current line-up, I think Lion-O is the biggest disappointment. Next to Tygra you can see how far they have come. If you can get them from the store, do so and check the piant apps. There are a few bits on mine, that had I not bought online, I would have avoided.

19. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yes, I am pleased with these as well. I still need to grab a mummy mummra and snarf.

20. LeoTigris

LeoTigris Berbill

I've been in a lot of contact with Mezco over the years and pushed very hard on getting Tygra. More or less they have interest in Jaga and Grune. Kittens as well, but Jaga and Grune were more discussed.