Mezco Mezco Update

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Blackwing, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Blackwing

Blackwing Junior Member

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It wold be nice if they could produce Tygra and one of the mutants or Grune. Although I'd prefer 7" scale figures instead of these giant 14" figures.

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I really hope they continue with this line, I really enjoy them. Personally I am hoping for Tygra to round out what I consider the "core 4" and than some bad guys!

4. suckator

suckator Junior Member

Any news from Mezco on a 14" Tygra?

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Not that I have heard, but heres to hoping!

6. suckator

suckator Junior Member

Got this response about Tygra from Mezco: "No word and no plans at this time. Thanks for writing"

7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Bummer. I am not sure that they would come right out and tell us if Tygra was in the works but you would think they would at least hint at it if they were. I still hope they follow through with at least Tygra!

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have no interest in the 14" statues/figures they made but it is really crap they couldn't make the main roster.
    When Tygra was not shown or announced at the New York Toy Fair it was a pretty obvious sign that the Mezco line, much like Bandai's the previous year, was finished.
    It seems like DST were the only company able to make the full main cast.
    WB need to stop giving out the licence to statue companies and get Diamond Select to make proper 7" Classics figures.

9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Is it possible for WB to have stipulations on the license? By this I mean could they essentially give the license but require them to produce a certain number of figures in a time frame. I am not sure that WB actually cares though.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't think WB care about the property at all and a lot of fans are no doubt beginning to feel the same way.
    I personally I am passed caring anymore. The way I see it is I have my Original Series Thundercats DVD's and the LJN figures, so I honestly don't need anything else.

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

It is sad to me that WB doesn't take Thundercats more seriously. The original is priceless but I would really like them to continue with future endeavors.

12. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

This is killing me. I wish they would address this on their facebook page. They should at least make Tygra to complete the main four.

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If their licence is up, financially speaking it might not be worth re-buying or extending it just to make one figure.
    Mezco messed this up themselves, they should have had a better release plan to get the main roster out while they had the licence. They basically did one figure every year when they should have been producing that many in one year.
    It would be nice for WB to keep Thundercats going in some capacity, but I would want it done the right way and not another mess like the 2011 series and toys.

14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree if it is a licensing issue than I could see them not continuing (unfortunately). I hadn't really considered that. Do you know that the license is indeed up?

As far as the 2011 series and toys, that seems to be a polarizing topic. I actually really enjoy both the original and the new series.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I do not know when the licence is up. The only people that can answer that is Mezco or WB.
    But as I said before, when they had nothing on display or to announce at Toy Fair shows there is wrong.

16. suckator

suckator Junior Member

Agreed. Would be nice to have an official reply on their facebook.
    Merged Post:
    Does anyone know if the Hard Hero statues are in scale with the Mezco figures? Are there any comparison photos? Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  17. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Well, I dont have any pics right now, but I know that they are not in scale.. the MezCo figures are 14 inch, but the HH Lion-O statue is about 14 inch total. So thats including the huge base.