Mommy issues

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by srebak, May 9, 2014.

1. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

With Mother's Day just a few days away, this seems as good a time as any to vent about the issues we've all had with our mothers.

Mother's Day is that time of year when you show your mother how much you love her and how much you appreciate everything she's done for you. But looking back, my mother and i have mostly been at odds with each other; we don't like the same things, our personalities have always been contradicting, this has even led to many a nasty argument where many nasty words were said, words that i will never forget hearing her say and refuse to forgive her for. I can barely even remember any good times that she and i have had, and the ones that i do remember, they're pretty hazy.

My brother and sister may both think highly of our mother, but i don't think i ever did.

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

That's pretty saddening. Sometimes it's hard to communicate properly with someone.

3. Ideal

Ideal Glass Walker

i apparently come from a long line of mother-hating.

i always thought that my mother was spiteful and manipulative, and at times extremely hateful, like when she laughed at me and told me how much it was my fault when my then-fiance cheated on me.

and that event isnt even top 10 on the highlight reel of horrible things my mother has said and done to me over the years.

turns out, my grandmother is just as mean and manipulative toward each of her children, and i just never noticed growing up

i'll probably send my mother a facebook message or something, as i really have no interest in talking to her at the moment

4. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Wow guys, pretty heavy thread. I'm sorry to hear about these issues. As I grow older and I see people I know having kids, all I can think in some cases is "wow, no child doesn't deserve that." There aren't any prerequisites to having a child (naturally of course, if you were to adopt there are a lot of prereqs).
    I'm sure mother's day is a tough one for you guys and a lot of other people, wishing you all the best though.

5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

My mom gets frustrated with myself and my siblings sometimes, but I know that deep down she loves each and every one of us.

6. MarianaTCdreams

MarianaTCdreams Barbarian

I am very sorry to hear about people's problems with their mothers. :(