Monkian with red chain?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by Chromeagle, May 5, 2008.

1. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

2. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

I actually have never seen the red chain version before this auction. The winner is the Tcat scalper from Greece. You'll see this exact figure reappear on eBay in the next few weeks for an exhorbitant amount of money and it will stay on there for a while because nobody is willing to pay the crazy amount of money that he asks for his figures. I'm not sure why he wastes so much money listing and relisting items for hundreds of dollars that nobody ever buys...

3. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

Because he's still hoping that a rich, unwary fan will fall for what he's offering. :mad:

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  4. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

5. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

I can't remember where or when, but I do recall having read something about Monkian having a red chain variation. Can't find any supporting info though. Maybe someone else knows about it. First one I've seen that's for sure.

6. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

i think this could be legit, but like it's been said before. not info info to support so i'm not biting or that interested

7. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

red chain

The first serie of ThunderCats figures, in there prototype fase with prototype weapons and Monkian's weapon has a red chain...

Attached Files:

8. soundwave

soundwave New Member

Monkian with red chain

I have that!! and gave kylefromdirtnapp a very clear pic for you to see!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  9. kylefromdirtnapp

kylefromdirtnapp Vortex Explorer

Glad to see you made it! I started another thread in the "toys" section.

10. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

There is a listing on ebay right now for just the weapon itself with red chain. Looks like its going to sell for at least $70 which was the opening bid.

11. TCats1982

TCats1982 New Member

New red chain variation on ebay

I just found another red chain monkian on ebay. Seller states full knowledge of the other ebayer selling the chain to make it a red variant. Says they have had theirs for a while. What does everyone think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/EXTREMELY-RARE-Thundercats-Monkian-Red-Chain-Variant_W0QQitemZ140308644228QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item140308644228&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1730%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  12. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

The seller has no way of proving it is the extremely rare red variant unless he took pics of himself opening up a MOC item to take it out and sell it (which I highly doubt ANY serious collector would do).

If you just want to have it for display purposes, go for it, but if your gonna make a buy thinking it is an authentic piece, I'd think again.

Also note that as soon as we started discussing the red variant on here, all of a sudden *poof* they start popping up on eBay. Its no coincidence.

13. The variation is a 3515 Series figure the earliest of the 8-Backs ;)

Attached Files:

14. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Is that yours buddy?

I have a loose one...

15. Yep, my most recent acquisition...

As far as rarity goes i place it on par with Single Tygra and Cheetara (3500 Series). Of course it is nowhere near as desirable.

I will be sending this one with my 3545 Series Monkian to AFA soon, this won't grade super high, but i want it protected
    Merged Post:
    Interesting...the Spike ball of the mace is black in this picture, with red chain and silver handle, mine is silver spike ball and silver handle with red chain...was the previous one for sale with a silver or black spike ball?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2011
  16. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

The 3 red chains I have seen over the years were all silver handle/spike ball. Nice MOC you have there!

17. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Mines the same

18. Chromeagle / Endorx - were the three you have seen MOC? thanks

19. sportinmorton

sportinmorton New Member

Hi all,

New member, but longtime vintage toy collector. I just picked up a loose Monkian with the red chain variation....

[​IMG]

Obviously I can't prove it's legit, but I did pick it up from a Craigslister who sold me his entire 80's toy collection -- Transformers, MOTU, Thundercats, Star Wars -- all vintage, and obviously from his mom's attic.

If anyone would be interested, please let me know :)