More Variations...

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by jabus, Dec 31, 2011.

1. jabus

jabus Barbarian

1st Run Vs. 2nd Run Figures/Vehicles:
    [​IMG]
    1st Run Figs/Vehicles have the CN advertisement, while its omitted from the 2nd Run Figs/Vehicles.

Tygra's Whip:
    [​IMG]
    2nd Run Tygra is packaged with the 1st Run Deluxe Tygra's whip. I don't have pics but its also stated that now deluxe Tygra is now shipping with 1st run basic Tygra's whip. Not sure if the longer whip version has been found on a first run card but if anyone does come across one plz post pics.

Tower Of Omens 1st Run Vs. 2nd Run Package:
    [​IMG]

2. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

Well, I guess it's a good thing I decided to pick up a second 4" Tygra to keep MIB when TRU had that buy $25.00 in TCats get a free figure offer...xD

Thanks for sharing!

3. lostdwarf

lostdwarf Vortex Explorer

which tygra is harder to find?

4. jabus

jabus Barbarian

I doubt either one is "hard to find" at the moment. Long Whip will be the easier one to find in the long haul.

5. lostdwarf

i gotta go look at my stored ones. I bought them initally when they first came out. Bought a tygra a few months later and got a loose one for my loose collection. what's the size difference 2" or is it just how it's packaged?

6. jabus

jabus Barbarian

The Whip itself is a different length. I don't have any loose figures. But it easy to see the difference if u have one of each side by side on card. Theres also a difference in the shade of red used for the t-cats logo on his chest.

7. lostdwarf

Im gonna say the shorter whip is the first release, since I got my figs when they first came out all have the CN logo on them and Tygra has a shirt whip. Ill check around and see if I can find a CN with a long whip as i've only see the long whip in non CN cards.

-------
    found this

[​IMG]
    SHORT WHIP NO CN LOGO

[​IMG]
    SHORT WHIP CN LOGO

[​IMG]
    LONG WHIP NO CN LOGO

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  8. jvoz1980

jvoz1980 Active Member

wish i would have known, i bought most of the first run figures, and the kicker is that i planned to buy 2 of each figure/vehicle/playset to keep one mint on card and one loose.

9. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Found short whip Tygra on a non CN card today. Proud to say I now own all 3 (known) versions. :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  10. jvoz1980

jvoz1980 Active Member

i just recently noticed the tower of omens playset box had some added figures on it, i like it better than the older one, im gonna pick it up unless another bid on ebay i have going goes my way, worst playset by rep, but it cant be as bad as the armor, i wanted it so bad, until i saw it in hand. my girl passed it up thinking it was apower ranger toy, so did i. but once we noticed it, we got excited, for like a second, and then we were like? really? arg, nevermind!:eek:

11. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I picked up a 4" Cheetara today while out in town. It wasn't until I got home, I realised the packaging on the Panthro I got over the weekend is different!

The Cheetara is the standard card with the hook, however the Panthro card doesn't have the hook, but a punched out hook instead:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other items advertised on the back is different too. The Cheetara card has the Tower of Omens playset advertised, while the Panthro card doesn't... The placement of the figures is different as well.

I'm guessing the Panthro card is the newer packaging and going forward the Tower of Omens will not be procuced for future waves? (since it's emitted from the newer card backs?) I also noticed Cheetara has a sticker on the back too.

I bought Panthro from Morrisons, who would have only just got them in (I know as the store has only been open around a month!) and Cheetara came from The Entertainer :)

12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Cool. That is the first I have seen of the punched out hook.

13. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Looking at the pictures it makes me wonder if that Panthro is meant to be a European release.

14. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Possibly. Morrisons is a supermarket and supermarkets usually get them in when they cheap to buy in bulk... so they probably got the Euro release slightly cheaper at wholesale. I paid £7 for Panthro, but paid the regular UK price of £8 for Cheetara.

15. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Well, it isn't a variation but certainly a rare piece which will be very sought after over the next months.I am talking about the NEW THUNDERCATS TIGER FLYER with Tygus.I was searching through ebay and stumbled across this special pack.Actually i didn't even know it was released,so it caught me offhanded and was pretty amazed.I don't remember reading about it on the board and it crossed my mind it might be Brand New,maybe Wave 3.

link:http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-THUNDER...377?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c76a75e1

Were you aware of the Tygus Fig and the Vehicle guys?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  16. jabus

jabus Barbarian

^ He's part of Wave 2.

17. starrcade89

starrcade89 Vortex Explorer

Looks as if the panthros euro release as it has printed euro writing on the back instead of the sticker like cheetara has!

Well spotted!

18. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Yeah saw few other pop up on those cards with the tri-language packaging - deffinate Euro releases.

19. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

That is not a very good deal. Those vehicle/figure packs (ThunderRacers, Lizard Cannon, Tiger Flyer) retail for $14.99 around here. You could get 2 for that price in stores.

20. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Someone over on the Thundercats.ws board has pictures of Wave 2 figures that come packaged with Trading Cards.