MOTU vs TC characters

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by MXTHUNDERCAT, Feb 22, 2013.

1. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

On another thread I was expressing how privileged MOTU fans have been with how generous Mattel has been in producing their toys and how I wished someone would do the same for TC. Another user here mentioned that TC did not have the number of characters to compete with MOTU. Right of the top of my head I can think of tons of characters from TC........from one time great ones like Mongor and Safari Joe to re-ocurring ones like Lunatacs, Berserkers and Mandora to one time not so great ones like Wiz-ra and Zaxx (i think those were their names) anyways I wanted to see what other fans think of the sheer number of characters available in the TC universe and if the fans would buy all of them despite how minor their roles were on the show??....

maybe even post your favorite character or most obscure character you would like to see on a classics line.....

ill start with Demolisher, Claudus, Mandora, Lunatacs, Berserkers and Young Jaga and......

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would love a classics line for Thundercats. Aside from all the characters that were made into toys in the 80's here are a few others I would like.
    Various Berbils, Giantors, Trologs, Willa, Naida (?), Pumra, Thundarian Guard, Snarfer, Demolisher. Pretty much all of them, I love Thundercats I would buy all of them...as long as it wasn't stupid variants like MOTUC.
    The only big challenge facing a TC Classics line is unlike MOTU, TC did not relay on part re-use. All the LJN TC toys were unique sculpts.

3. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

thanks for your wish list input my friend! i take it you, like myself, believe there are plenty of TC for a long line of classics....I would also love Pumm-Ra....

4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'd be all for a "ThunderCats Classics" line by Mattel.

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If it was one very month or every 2 months there is definitely enough to last 2-3 years.
    As long as all the original characters that got made as toys and few others got made I would be more than happy.
    I liked Bandai's 8" Classics, I wish they would continue that line.
    But I would be all for Playmates, Mattel or Hasbro taking over.

6. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

thats what i was thinking as far as the number of characters.....if they makers of a new classics line viewed the entire series and wrote down every character we could have enough for years......mad bubbler, astral moat monster.....shadow master and amortus.....i personally loved the 6 inch that was made simply because they fit a little better with the original line, but the 8 inch was great too....with the awesome job playmates is doing with the classic TMNT id be delighted to see them take over....

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Just counting characters that were made as LJN toys there is well over 30, so doing 1 figure a month could last 3 years. So if you then counted cartoon appearance characters you could add another 10 or so. Naida, Willa, Demolisher, Thundarian guards, Claudis, Pumm-Ra, Giantors, Trollogs etc.
    Then you have potential repaints/variants like different coloured Berbils, Red Lion-O, Young Lion-O, Unclothed/Thundarian Thundercats, Young Jaga, Spirit Jaga (translucent blue or skin colour), Ghost Grune (translucent).

8. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Have you guys checked the new HEMAN statue by POP Culture? It's in still production but looks really awesome. It has the dynamic pose of Lion-O

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah, seen it.
    Also their is a MOTUC New Adventures He-Man that looks quite nice and it has an articulated wrist allowing the sword to be raised correctly above his head.

10. Tyg-ra

Tyg-ra Junior Member

Mattel already passed on the Thundercats license, they had the chance to acquire it and said no.

11. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

WB denied Mattel's offer and gave license to Bandai of America instead.

12. Daremonger

We all know how well THAT turned out.

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The Mezco and Minimates figures and the various statues show that their is still a big market for the OS Thundercats.
    Why WB are not producing something that would get them money is beyond me.
    But if WB don't want my money then that's fine by me...and my bank account lol.

14. Originalthundercatroar

Originalthundercatroar Vortex Explorer

You know.....Masters of the Universe are doing the DC Vs. MOTU series now... it would be cool if they did A ThunderCats MOTU two pack like they're doing with those, and have each character with similar powers/abilities paired off, maybe even bringing in some of the Princess of Power characters.

15. Daremonger

I'd be interested in seeing a "ThunderCats/Masters of the Universe" two-pack series as well.

16. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

anybody

Someone please make classic thundercats figures...i dont care who it is....Bandai, Mattel, Playmantes anybody......

17. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I feel your pain but truth of the matter is A LOT of people complained when Bandai did the Classics!

We would have at least have Classics in action figure form, but Bandai America was probably getting negative feedback and rightfully so there toys were in need of improvement.

I still don't know why we didn't get the S.H. figurats from Bandai, they would have been perfect IMO

18. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree, it would be amazing to have a Thundercats classic line. For all its faults I would even be happy for Bandai to continue its classic line right now although I think the chances of that are very slim. Does anyone know when Bandai's licensing agreement is up?

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The 8" Lion-O was the best piece Bandai made for their Thundercats line and even it had faults, unpainted joints, odd joints and construction and awful soft plastic swords, yet it was a better than Tygra and the smaller 6" and 4" figures.

When you compare the Bandai Thundercats to other toys on the market at the same they really were a joke, it is no wonder they didn't sell.

I truly hope one day Playmates, Hasbro or Mattel......even Jakks get the licence and make good quality Thundercats Classics figures.

20. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

at this point id buy a classics line from anyone.....even BANDAI....im do desperate for classics toys im even buying those minimated joke figures....at least they have some consistency and seem to be covering a good amount of characters....i can only imagine a clasics line that have bengali and jaga...etc...that would be amaizing....