MOTUC's manager resigns from Mattel

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Glasslite4ever!, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Glasslite4ever!

Glasslite4ever! Berbill

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I dont have amuch knowledge of the MOTU line or Mattels situation, but if this can help with getting some nice Thundercats figures out there than I am all for it!

3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'd be all for that as well.

4. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

I don't see how this could help or hurt the possibilities of a T-Cats line?

5. Glasslite4ever!

Glasslite4ever! Berbill

Let's see:

1. ToyGuru out from Mattel: it could open doors to new brands like TCats at Mattel...we don't know who will be the next toy maneger.

2. ToyGuru could be hired by a toy company that liked his work at Mattel and MOTUC: adult collector focused, online sales only, revival and nostalgic brand...

So, ThunderCats, Dungeons & Dragons, TMNT, GI Joe, are all great brands to work on...

6. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

He says he is going to work on "Brands that he loved as a kid"!

Anyone care to take a guess to which brand he is talking about?

7. Daremonger

I wanna say he'll be working on "ThunderCats."

8. Glasslite4ever!

Glasslite4ever! Berbill

It's my speculation but it seens he is going to Hasbro !

First, Hasbro publically stated they were looking for a new brand manager about three months ago...
    Second, what other toy company has multiple lines from 80's (Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars...) ?

Let's wait the next Mattel brand manager and hear what's his plans to MOTUC and future lines !!! I still dream with ThunderCats classics line made by the Four Horsemen.....:cool:

9. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Ditto! I agree that it is Hasbro as well. I would be for a ThunderCats classic line if it where sold in retail with great marketing i.e. commercial ads.

I would have gotten into the Masters of the Universe line if it hadn't be just sold online and more in stores. I think one key reason the "ToyGuru" resigned was due it seems impossible to please adult collectors (they seem to nitpick at every little detail) no matter what he did folks always found a way to complain. In the interview he mentioned some fans called the better business bureau about a "Hover Board" not hovering...REALLY! lol

That's why I'm against the ThunderCats line being sold just online because that would mean it would be at the mercy of adult fans.

10. Glasslite4ever!

Glasslite4ever! Berbill

I don't believe it will happen....

I agree some fans complain so much but there is no other way to sell a vintage toy line toward to adult collectors without a new midia....
    I mean, MOTUC has 7 years of success and no new cartoon, movie or other midias....just nostalgia !

I believe in TCats potetial to a new classics toy line including at least the 15-20 main characters and online sales only....

11. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

12. Glasslite4ever!

Glasslite4ever! Berbill

13. Daremonger

I think Toy Guru leaving Mattel is a good thing for him. :)

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If he handles it better than MOTUC and the other collectors lines he worked on for Mattel I hope he does another property proud. I just hope fans of the brands he works on don't get black mailed into buying multiple subscriptions, dealing with shady business tactics, poor fan communication and extremely poor quality control.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  15. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

New line

I hope Scott leaving Mattel brings a thundercats classics line....whether it b from Scott and wherever he works in the future...or from Mattel .....the only compelling argument I will give is that who ever makes a thundercats classics line will be getting all my $$$....

16. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I see a lot of folks pulling for just a classic line, but could care less about a potential toy company acquiring the master's license. (Making new and old Tcats figures).

IMO a toy company with a ton of brands tend to care less about the overall success of new brands i.e. Bandai.

That's why I want a company like Spin Masters, Jakks Pacific, Playmates toys to have the master license.

17. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

I also want an action figure....not a statue.

18. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Couldn't agree more!

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I also would only be interested in Figures, not statues.

Surely if the licence price was high there would be more profit in action figures which appeal to a larger amount of collectors than people who collect statues.

20. Glasslite4ever!

Glasslite4ever! Berbill

Good points, T-Cat ! :thumbsup:

We need to remember MOTU is a Mattel's brand hero !
    Mattel doesn't need to pay for any license...

I always think about Mattel because I'd like to see ThunderCats classic figures compatible with MOTUC....