Mumm-Ra statue and Ma-Mutt work in progress (Hard Hero)

Discussion in 'Modern Collectables' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

2. Bernie'sPiano

Bernie'sPiano Berbill

Much better in my opinion. The first statue in the range that really captures the likeness of the cartoon. REALLY impressed with this one.

Thanks
    Dave

3. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Now this I like! I didn't really care much for the Lion-o or Cheetara statues, but Mumm-ra and Ma-Mutt are looking great.

Might have to pick these two up when they become available.

4. Bernie'sPiano

Bernie'sPiano Berbill

Hi, I couldn't resist seeing what he may look like when finished. Once again, I really think this shows a great improvement in the line.

Thanks
    Dave

Attached Files:

5. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

For the money they are asking on these statues, it would be cool if for the Mumm-ra they added a feature where his eyes light up. :mummra:

6. brollicon

brollicon Junior Member

to be honest i think the companies designers are improving with every figure can't wait to see the finished product

7. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Oozing with creepiness.. very cool.. including the Ma-Mutt.

8. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

That looks spot on!! Really digging the likeness on both Mummra and the mut. Now when can we see the Cheetara update mmmm...

9. PKELL

PKELL Barbarian

The Mumm-Ra statue looks pretty freakin cool, and Ma-Mutt is a nice touch.

10. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

this is ****ing sic. i love it
    Merged Post:
    light up eyes would be cool, but to me it looks like there's a ruby colored stone for his eyes i think that'd work just as well, high gloss plastic or w/e it is. it could look nice i think

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  11. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Yeah, I think Rubies or something very light reflective would be simple and absolutely perfect for the character. Its something they can also bring over to Mummra once transformed. Can't wait to see Mummra transformed!!!

I know it says on the front page that its probably not taken from the Thundercats opening sequence but I think it is. As the camera pans down the mutants HQ and mummra appears. There is a shot for a split sec that resembles the sculpt.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  12. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I concur for a different reason. If you watch the intro from the VHS version Exodus (link to it on YouTube below) there is a clear shot of Mumm-Ra's tomb at about 1:35 of the clip. Add the image of Mumm-Ra in the standard intro and you have both parts of that statue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuiZJP8cxoM

13. Mark / Grizzlor

Can you show me a screengrab of Mumm-Ra in this pose? I know it looks familiar but I can't find it in the standard intro. In that intro he kinda pulls both arms out to transform it doesn't quite match this image.

14. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I don't know how to do screen grabs but its the 58th sec in this vid. Its not 100% dead on but neither is the Cheetara or Lion-O. I'd say its a very close 90% in accuracy. The resemblance is def there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ZfvxQxjUQ

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  15. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

It's late, so sorry for the poor quality grabs and crossing my fingers they post properly...

Untitled is the frame Lord LionO is refering to in the normal intro.

Untitled2 is the frame from the intro to the VHS version of Exodus I mentioned earlier.

Untitled3 is if you take the two and bring them together.

Attached Files:

16. Mark / Grizzlor

Okay I see what you mean now but I think the statue is quite different to that screengrab. I think the Lion-O and Cheetara are a much closer likeness to an actual screen frame than the Mumm-Ra. I think though it was a good choice for Mumm-Ra and I'll bet there are scenes in the show that would be a much closer match. But I'd agree that this choice was inspired from the intro sequence.

17. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Mumm-Ra, decayed version has been officially confirmed (by Rob Potts) as being 3rd in the series. Will Ma-Mutt be part of the Decayed Mumm-Ra statue? And since Rob specifically said Decayed version first, that must mean the Ever Living version will also be made.

#1:liono #2:cheetara: #3:mummra: #4??

Maybe Ever Living will be #4 so a good vs evil statue display can start to be set up sooner rather than later.

I'm almost as excited as when I was a kid on Christmas Morning racing down the steps to see that figures I had waiting on me!!

P.S. Can we get links to the Work In Progress pictures/video of Mumm-Ra and Ma-Mutt?

18. Mark / Grizzlor

I passed on Lion-O, (which I am now regretting), will be passing on Cheetara as well since something still doesn't feel right even after the changes. However, I am definitely going to get Mumm-Ra. This is probably the first statue that really sold me the moment I laid eyes on him.

I'm probably going to have to get Lion-O now because what's Mumm-Ra without Lion-O, right?