Mumm-Ra statue revealed

Discussion in 'Modern Collectables' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

He's been posted at hardhero.com for pre-order and he looks pretty damn good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

LOL, I just saw and posted as well. Can you delete my thread Grizzlor? No need for identical threads.

He does look very nice. I like how Ma-Mutt looks very cartoon series accurate. Also of note, same price, and releases 3rd Quarter '10.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  3. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Wow.. the colors and details look fantastic, especially Mumm-Ra's face and the weathered look on the tomb. I remember seeing the tomb in the early preview pics, still didn't realize the whole tomb with the that base was going to be included.

Hard Hero is making great progress with this line :cool:.

4. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Mumm-Ra in his decayed and weakend form coming out of the stone sarcophagus appears to be from the opening scene intro though it isn't, it looks more similar to the VHS exodus intro, since in the standard intro he is coming out an exit from the Black Pyramid. Ma-Mutt is an addition who doesn't appear to either of the opening scenes but it seems very good standing next to him. The main attraction is Mumm-Ra's satanic face,it really adds a mature as well as dark tone to the whole line so far. I really like it and even though Mumm-Ra's wicked grandeur! is more obvious to the transformed vigorous form this portrayal reveals the deceiving and evil nature of the demon priest.
    I was expecting it much sooner than the 3rd Qtr 2010. It's a long gap from Cheetara's late april release.

"Ancient spirits of evil,transform this decayed form ro Mumm-Ra,the Ever-living!"

5. RD Rivero

RD Rivero New Member

love it and the Mammut :D

6. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I was surprised at the Q3 release as well, but if it ends up being early Q3, it would keep them coming out about every 3 months. I just hope Hard Hero has the license long enough to make a good sized collection of statues.

I had posted pics of the regular and Exodus intros combined, which does look a lot like this statue. But I thought the regular intro had Mumm-Ra at a doorway at Castle Plunn-Dar.

7. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I have to say, speaking personally, this is the first of Hard Hero's statues that has really made me go "WOW!" :) I was underwhelmed with Lion-O, liked Cheetara (particularly when they made some changes to her), but I think this Mumm-Ra sculpt is in a completely different league! :)

Realistically, there's no way I'd be able to justify the sort of money this statue will be and so I highly doubt I will buy it - but, I have to commend the folks at Hard Hero for really upping their game with this one! :thumbsup:

Take care... :)

8. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Yeah, it's either at the doorway of Castle Plunn-Dar or at the Black Pyramid, my guess is the Pyramid because the mutants standing close to the Castle's exit are looking across at the opposite sight towards Mumm-Ra and at the next scene when Mumm-ra is being transformed he is inside the Black Pyramid. Anyway, whichever it is, it isn't so important.

I think they will also make the transformed version

9. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Berbill

I'll buy this one for sure.
    Passed on Lion-o... still on the fence with Cheetara. (probably get her anyways... she always rocked)

Hard Heroes really have upped their game. This one is just too cool.

10. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I just pre-ordered mine. Truly a perfect representation of our decayed mummy. The background is also a perfect scene and having Ma-mutt included just seals the deal with this set. Like many here, I also hope to get most, if not all the Thundercats before their license runs out.

11. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

12. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Yeah, I hope they do the Ever-living version from the intro, or from the transformation sequence. It would also be nice if he's noticeably bigger than the Thundercats and the rest of the statue line, maybe 1/6 scale? No 360 vid yet?

13. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Personally, I hope the Ever-Living form is in a pose that would make sense to have Lion-O holding the sword up, either shielding a blast, or bracing for one. Just the thought of Mumm-Ra in a just transformed pose with arms down and looking up feels weird to me.

I'm thinking more of Mumm-Ra standing straight up, head turned 90 degrees (left or right) aiming his perfectly straight arm (left or right) to blast away at Lion-O, with his other arm curled almost like he is flexing his muscles.

Considering the size of the box Lion-O came in, it would be easy to put a bigger figure in the same size box, so I see no reason Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living couldn't be scale accurate and a bit larger.

14. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Thanks for the info, concerning the size i've been thinking it myself and judging by the products description, Cheetara will be 11'' tall and Mumm-ra 10'' tall,they are both 3" and 4" shorter than the Lion-o statue,respectively. And even though they are both in straight up pose as compared to Lion-o, Lion-o will be taller, probably they did that for completing a diorama series. Most likely they will be in pairs of two. Still, i can't see how this last statue will fit to a Lion-o vs Mumm-ra diorama.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  15. Mark / Grizzlor

I like that idea aero... Hard Hero hasn't decided on an Everliving pose yet but I'll pass that idea along. If you watch the intro we have no idea how Mumm-Ra is posed when he sends that red energy bolt at Lion-O as all we see is his arm, but that would be an awesome way of setting up the diarama.

I have a feeling though that with Mumm-Ra's base being much darker than the Cats bases that there will be two separate diaramas going on, which Rob alluded to in his interview with us... that it is more a set of goodies and a set of baddies that can be kind of displayed in a cohesive way... not good guys mixed in with bad guys.

But I like that idea all the same.

16. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

I think the statue looks great! It makes me actually want to start buying the others. Which I think i just might. I only hope Tygra looks ok. I'm worried. But then again I have great reservations that the line will actually get past 4 pieces.

17. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

Please now release a bengali limited edition as i think that would fly off the website

That would make my year-along with getting married!!

18. mscalafini

mscalafini New Member

Mumm-ra Statue

I think this one looks great also, I hope they make the transformed version.

19. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

I have held off on the first two so far but this on is a must have. Look at Ma Mutt! I want Panthro now that would be awesome.

20. Mark / Grizzlor

For those who were wondering:

Ma-Mutt can be removed from the Mumm-Ra statue base if you prefer to display only Mumm-Ra