Mumm-Ra's Cape.

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Mark M, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

In a comment on another thread the issue of Mumm-Ra's cape came regarding it's construction.
    Some people do not like soft goods but some do.
    I am curious how the majority here would want Mumm-Ra the Ever Living's cape constructed.
    [​IMG]
    Since it is connected to his wrist bracelets and has to hang when his arms are down and open out when his arms are spread I think a cloth cape is the best option. Much like the Mezco figure.
    [​IMG]
    Personally I think PVC capes like on the Mattel Classics Mumm-Ra are hideous. All they do is restrict articulation and limit the posing potential to only a certain pose/poses. A small hanging PVC cape on some characters like Superman and Shazam etc is okay but depending on the style of the cape cloth really is the only option.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    If Mumm-Ra had been done like The Black Series Emperor Palpatine or Obi-Wan.
    [​IMG]

2. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I get what you mean that it isn’t as moveable or poseable. I like the static look of plastic it creates. I think like S7 did with Sorceress to have different capes / wings to pose the figure with would be cool.

3. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Plus it makes the item look more like a kid’s action figure than a collectible. But that’s personal taste. The fabric just clashes too much and makes it look cheap. It is not Barbie to dress up after all hahaha

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If they gave him two capes like Sorceress then hisarms would either be stuck spread out or down by his sides.

What about a cloth cape with a wire frame like Mezco One:12 and some Japanese toys. That way it wouldn't restrict articulation and could be posed in certain positions for display.

@Sebastiaan I think the less they do like Super7's Sorceress the better LOL. That figure turned out a real diaster compared to the the prototype. The face anyway...the proportions on the the prototype were still horrible. The body needs to be larger and the hips sorted out for that female buck. I really don't know hat 4 Horsemen or Super7 were thinking when they approved that toy. They really need to study human proportions and the animation character model proportions.
    Mattel have their faults, and I was right not to support their subscription for Thundercats the first time, but if Super7 had the Thundercats licence there is no way I would support a subscription model for Classics. Too much bait and switching and awful quality control.