My crappy little collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by kylefromdirtnapp, Oct 5, 2007.

1. kylefromdirtnapp

kylefromdirtnapp Vortex Explorer

I collect a lot of different toys, so some collections are smaller than others. I'm pretty happy with it, just need Mumm-Ra's Accessories. Evebtually I'd like to have Mummy Mumm-Ra, Hammerhand, Snowman, and Panthor. Oh, and a Jackalman, just to ride the nosediver. Why does everyone hate Tuska Warrior? He's one of my favorites!

[​IMG]

2. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

no collection is crappy as long as you enjoy it. I like how you got snarf on top going surfing 8)

Every one hates tuska cause hes lame. I would have rather seen the unicorn keepers or quick pick or M.U.L.E as a figure instead

3. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

Oh? Everyone hates the Tuskas because they're "lame"? I don't think they're lame at all and I like their leader Turmagar. Call me lame if you wish for liking them, but I do.:bengali:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  4. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Hi Kyle, I'm sure your Thundercats collection will grow! When I started mine I was just going for some figures but I got all the good and all the evil main characters! Yes, it's very addictive! It even made me complete other collections! :)

Take care and you can post the rest of your toy collection here:

http://www.thundercatslair.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2241

if you want to share it with us!

5. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

Well I stand corrected then. Im inserting my foot into my mouth as I type this8)

6. kylefromdirtnapp

Yeah, you're probably right. Just like everything else I collect. "I'm only going to get a few..."

7. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

It wasnt directed at anyone its just that a lot of collectors find Tuska so...ordinary? I think its because he is so common and its not as character accurate as some of the other figures

8. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I may be wrong, but I don't actually think Matt was calling the Tuska characters "lame", but more referring to the figure itself - I don't really have a strong opinion about the Tuska Warrior figure, I think his design is cool, but the character itself is rather generic, kind-of like a Star Wars Stormtrooper type character, so I can see where its detractors are coming from. Now, a figure of Turmagar himself, whilst you could argue that it wouldn't really be in-character to give him a weapon and a battlematic action, would have been cool, and I think more popular with some, because the character was actually given more development in the course of the series. :)

Take care... :)

9. kylefromdirtnapp

I guess I just like him 'cause I had him when I was a kid.

10. kylefromdirtnapp

My getting less crappy collection

Just like everything else, this collection is growing. I still want a Snowman and Panthro. And a mummy Mumm-Ra. I'm going to get a weapon-less Panthro for now to drive the Thundertank. Check out my retro-fitted treads! I'm gonna need a bigger shelf, too!

[​IMG]

11. saltygirl

saltygirl Crabman

...all these 'crappy' collections are great. puts my lil poo-putt she-ra stuff to shame.

12. kylefromdirtnapp

Here's some cool TC stuff a friend gave me. I remember the sticker book from when I was a kid, but nothing else.

[​IMG]

Man, that's a crappy pic! I got a camera for X-mas, and am still figuring out the settings.

13. kylefromdirtnapp

Updated collection!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

I was the exact opposite, Tuska was one of the few figures I never has as a kid. That being said he is one of my favorites as well. Oh is that the weapon from Krull in the background?

15. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Krull rules!!!!!! One of my favorite movies from the 80's

16. kylefromdirtnapp

Is it Krull? I never made the connection until I posted these pics. On 3 different boards someone has said that. I thought it was just a generic weapon!!!! I hope they didn't make Krull action figures, I'm out of room! I don't even remember the movie much, just the video game.

17. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

nice, good to see you're keeping with the collecting!

18. kylefromdirtnapp

Updated collection pix. Nowhere near as impressive as most, but good enough for me. I just got a Ma-Mutt on card with a crappy bubble )who immediately was removed) that didn't make it in the pix. You can see the rest of my collections here: http://kylestoybox.freeforums.org/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]