My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Movie-Brat, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

LOL one of my co-workers is a huge fan as well; she has a collection of figures she brings with her and there's at least one on the register. :cool:

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I've heard about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but I never watch the show. From what I've been hearing about it, it's an amazing cartoon for girls and guys.

3. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Seeing as how today is the season premiere of Game of Thrones, I thought it would be fun to share this with all of you. Enjoy! :D

[youtube]sMqz_vc22_g[/youtube]

4. Daremonger

That was legendary! :D

5. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I also liked the recent episode and ironicly enough Mac said a lot more than "yup". ;) When that pony has a point, he's got a point.

6. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Here's another MLP video from the same guy who did the "Game of Ponies" vid. Pinkie Pie breaks the fourth wall with disastrous consequences, accompanied by the song "Doomsday" by the Dubstep band Nero.

[youtube]wXIHH6C61I0[/youtube]

BTW, even though I'm a Headbanger, I'm really liking this Dubstep stuff. Skrillex and Nero I especially like.:cool:

7. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

Wow, that was really good. And you know, I think the season finale will have you excited because the wedding is a battle royale.

[youtube]LcS7OX4LTu4[/youtube]

8. Daremonger

I've been watching some "MLP:FIM" clips on YouTube. One pony that interested me was Derpy Hooves. I got the impression she was mistreated because she offended special-needs people. To me, she's a pretty interesting character.

9. Nine Tiger

Nine Tiger Great Void Dweller

10. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

That's a cool trailer, Movie-Brat! :) Makes me think of the billboard ad they took out last year:

[​IMG]

Oh, and about Derpyhooves, Daremonger, from what I understand, she came about when some fans noticed her in the background and her googly-eyed look, and nicknamed her accordingly, and the showrunners just picked it up and ran with it. Same thing happened with "Doctor Whooves." Neither character really had a name or a personality. But because they registered with fans, they just went with their suggestions.

11. Daremonger

I see. ^_^

12. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

Well, the most recent episode was very amusing. I actually thought the culprit would've been Applejack.

13. Nine Tiger

Nine Tiger Great Void Dweller

LOL. Page 15 of the Sunday New York Times! Styles Section (wedding section!) a sizable ad for next week's royal wedding!!

MGP

14. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

Oh God, that wedding is in full swing isn't it?

15. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

Yes and there are games on the Hub's website to commemorate it.

16. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

Well, we have a full seven days until the one hour season finale.

17. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

18. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Oh boy. I was afraid this was going to happen!

Call me paranoid. But I've been around long enough to be aware that anything can be politicized. When the Brony movement got started, I had the concern that at some point some Conservative Right-Wingers would take a look it it, and somehow include it into the broader discussion of the perceived breakdown of gender distinctions and how feminist culture is seen to be emasculating boys. (And yes, this is apparently a real thing. There's even a book written by Christina Hoff Summers called The War Against Boys that addresses this very issue.)

And sure enough, that's exactly what has happened. Recently an article was posted on the late Andrew Breitbart's website under its Big Hollywood section. The author, a one Kurt Schlitcher, accused My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and its fans of doing just that. Here's a link to the article...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/04/25/my-little-pony

I try to keep discussions on this site apolitical. We all just want a place to come to talk about Thundercats and such and have fun. And because of that, political discussions and viewpoints should rightly be left out. But this... This is the kind of stuff that really gets under my skin.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  19. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

He's obviously looking into too much. Those kind of people probably never had a childhood themselves. Besides, Fox News bashed The Muppets, don't listen to them.

20. DonPatch

DonPatch Junior Member

The show has already been confirmed for a third season. They started production in September 2011.