My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Movie-Brat, Apr 9, 2011.

1. whiskers D:<

whiskers D:< Barbarian

I love this show!!! I was going to make a thread about it last month but didn't know how people would feel about it on the lair.

2. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

DonPatch, LioConvoy, and I are very big fans, so we're on your side! Brony for life!!! (okay, maybe not for life)
    Merged Post:
    Anyone else attempted the Brony challenge? DonPatch and I did it last weekend. It was exhausting but great.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  3. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

Those dang ponies have really taken over a good chunk of my life!

So much they've even made me go to BronyCon!

Got the chance to work security there, and met all of the cast attending. They where so nice! Specially Cathy, Lee, Amy and Peter.

4. hammy0924

Glad to see another Brony on the forum!

5. MarianaTCdreams

MarianaTCdreams Barbarian

What does it take to get into this show? I tried to watch it once (the ep where they go to the gala), and it made me kind of angry, especially at Rarity. I'm willing to give it a second chance, though. :) Sorry if I offended anyone. :(

6. hammy0924

Not a great episode to start on. Watch the show from the beginning if you can. It's not rare for first-time viewers to not like Rarity, by the way.

7. MarianaTCdreams

I think that I'll start with Wikipedia instead. :D *looks at information* :eek:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  8. hammy0924

Just watch the first episode because it's actually a great episode and introduces the characters well.

9. MarianaTCdreams

Okay. I'm doing that now. On a side note, I think that ThunderCats could have used the storytelling style and maybe some of the dialogue style in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. :)

10. hammy0924

(Imagining Cheetara with Pinkie Pie's voice) uh...maybe...

11. MarianaTCdreams

I meant the way that the ponies speak, not their voices! Besides, wouldn't Cheetara have Rainbow Dash's voice? Also, what if Mumm-Ra had Nightmare Moon's voice? (Sorry for the long wait for the reply; I was watching the episode)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  12. hammy0924

I thought the dialogue in the NS was great. More cat puns would have been cool. If that's what you mean, seeing how many horse puns are in MLP, then I agree.

13. MarianaTCdreams

Cat puns would've been interesting, but I was thinking about the emotion. Oh, well. One episode is probably not enough to judge anything. :)

14. hammy0924

I guess I don't understand. I think both shows have great emotion in their dialogue.

15. MarianaTCdreams

I think I stopped understanding a long time ago... :D Since I have to leave, I'll see you later! :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  16. hammy0924

Okay. Hope you get hooked on the show.

17. AirMuseServalia

AirMuseServalia Berserker

18. MarianaTCdreams

19. AirMuseServalia

AirMuseServalia Berserker

Aw, it's those "Beware of Dog" like signs for people to not bother him. I'm trying to soften him up a little bit by explaining the issue we're having. I've known him for 3 years. He's nice. Just act all nice and Fluttershy about it.

20. KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas Glass Walker

I'm a proud brony and i dig this show