Nes classic

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Lord LionO, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Anyone here excited about the nes classic coming out at the end of this week? Hopefully these will be available and I can snag one, also going to get a second mib and put in the collection on display lol. I do wish there was an option of adding more games to the collection library, I would have paid $150+ for that option with an authentic nintendo wireless controller. Kinda bummed they didnt consider these options as it would have been the ultimate must have. Anyway, still picking this up (if I find it) What are your thoughts?

Wilycub and Mark M like this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It looks pretty cool and I am tempted to get one. I would love to play Mario etc on the big screen TV again. :D It's still cheaper though to just download them and play them on emulators. It would be nicer though playing them on a console.
    I wonder if there will be a second controller available separately.

3. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

There is a seperately sold second controller , it's $10. They also have some wireless nes desinged controllers coming out.

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Excellent. I may be getting this NES very soon then. :D

Wilycub likes this.
  5. Thunderpants

Thunderpants Junior Member

I still have my original NES, and it gets played as much as anything else these days, which is not much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Same story here. :) Apart from the NES, I have still kept the SNES, Gameboy and all of their games and accessories as well. These days it's just easier to play on the emulator.

Mark M likes this.
  7. Wilycub

Did you succeed in getting one, Lord LionO? I heard they got sold out pretty fast and then ended up on EBay at quadruple their prices!!

8. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Luckily my brother managed to get one for me and himself. I do love it but haven't had much time to play as much as Id like to. Since then, I have picked up a few amiibo's to display around the nes classic lol. I really hope they come out with SNES classic minus the short supply.

Wilycub likes this.
  9. Wilycub

That's great!! :thumbsup I have seen many NES amiibos and they are incredible! I was particularly impressed by the 8-bit versions of Mario and Zelda. :)

10. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

They are appealing even as mini displays. I started out with Mario and the warp pipe stand. That's all I wanted to display with the nes classic. Then I thought I should pick up Luigi and have him on the other side flanking the nes. Then my girfriend bought me the end stage display for Christmas and I think I will be getting the 4 other Characters to complete the initial Mario World line up. It's a slippery slope lol

Wilycub likes this.
  11. Wilycub

I have always loved Bowser. He has a great design and is so big! :)

Do you own the original NES? Which games are your favorite?

12. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Yeah, him and princess peach. Love the pop of colors and they are both spot on representations of the characters. Sadly, no nes. Havnt played it in decades. As far as nes games.... Tmnt 2, the arcade game was and is my favorite. Followed by Mario 3/2 Contra and Tiny Toons....and Batman and I can go on and on lol.

13. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

Guess i missed this am i rite in thinking its like the sega mega drive with a bundle of games built in that was released a couple of years back ? If so i will be getting one as i loved playing gremlins 2 on the nes :smile .

14. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

The nes classic comes preloaded with 30 games but that is its. You can't expand the library. One of the few things that kinda sucks about it but for $60 its still worth it so sadly you wont be able to play Gremlins 2.

15. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

Bummer :rolleyes .

16. Wilycub

Most of the 30 games that are included are among the most popular NES games of all time. So it's safe to assume that everyone will find a good deal of their favorite games on the Mini Console. :)

But I too would have loved to have had games like "TMNT", "Kung Fu", "Blaster Master", "Duck Tales" to have been included. I'm guessing Nintendo probably also had to think about the licensing cost of some of the titles which were not owned by them.

I've heard rumors that the Christmas of 2017 might, just might see the release of a SNES Classic. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

17. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

I see it has castlevania included its a classic :smile

Wilycub likes this.
  18. Wilycub

Both 1 and 2! :biggrin Though I have to admit that I never managed to finish the second part. Some of the clues were tough to figure out.

19. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

Even better i didn't realise the 2nd one was on there bonus . Even more reason to get one :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  20. Wilycub

Lord LionO likes this.