Nes classic

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Lord LionO, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I cannot wait till they have a step by step tuturial to make it easier. It's only a matter of time, and to think hopefully one day, you one might have the entire nes library on one of these. Nintendo would have have been wise to offer expansion potential legally to their device but either way, this is great news. Thanks for posting the article!

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's a shame Nintendo purposely made such a limited quantity of these as one would have been really cool to get. Sadly Nintendo are allegedly not manufacturing anymore. I would have liked to have gotten one but there is no way it's worth over £50 or the insane amounts people are trying to sell them for on Amazon and EBay.

3. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I think there are some tutorials on Youtube. But I wouldn't suggest trying them unless one has a decent amount of experience with such coding. I think even an experienced coder might face difficulty with this task as some of the game ROMs are made differently and might not work when coded into the device. I wonder which games these hackers were able to successfully add. In the pic in the article I saw "Battletoads" and "Tiny Toons Adventures". :)

But I think and easier option would be that in the future these hackers make a "Game Genie" kind of device which ordinary folks like myself can just plug onto the device and viola! More games! :biggrin
    Scalpers these days are everywhere! The prices that they have put up for the NES Classic on EBay and Amazon are insane at times.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's pretty cool they made it and released it at retail even if it was in such limited quantities. At least it wasn't released through a subscription method. ;)

Wilycub likes this.
  5. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Seems like people are easily able to hack the nes classic and load a bunch of nes titles from third party companies! I think the nes is capable of storing up to 96 games. Now you can add tmnt, ducktales, contra, batman and a bunch of other favorites. It's all over you tube.

shortfuse, Mark M and Wilycub like this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think I will just stick with emulators. Less hassle and a lot cheaper. :D

7. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

I'am just gonna sit back and wait till the prices drop or you can buy one that as more games loaded on it . I bought the megadrive version of this a while back that came with two controllers and 80 games loaded on it for £60 which i think is pretty cheap . Plus you can also buy other games to use on it which makes it even better .

8. Wilycub

Mark M, shortfuse and Lord LionO like this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Now that would be awesome to have. :) I would be tempted to get one of those Sega Megadrive/Genesis re-releases as at least they can play the original cartridges or even one of those Retron 5 or Retrofreak consoles as they can play cartridges from multiple systems. :D

10. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Finally hacked my nes classic, I didnt want 700 games and only put about 55 games I actually enjoy. Also not crazy about the folder organization so as long as its below 90 games, I can freely scroll to my hearts content. I'm very pleased thus far! :)

Wilycub likes this.
  11. Wilycub

Well done, sir! :thumbsup

Lord LionO likes this.
  12. Wilycub

Lord LionO likes this.
  13. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I saw that, seems like they can do anything with this system. I changed my mind and now I have 105 games lol. Such a great little system, can't believe this was still possible and I can't stop only fantasize about going back to 1989 and and blowing peoples minds with this lol

Wilycub likes this.
  14. Wilycub

It's great that you have got the hang of how to add games to the machine without any problems. I have neither the technical skills nor the guts to attempt something like this. ;) Did you buy an extra controller for the NES Classic? The inclusion of just one controller was the main gripe of many of my friends who bought the machine.

This reminds me, did you ever own the "Game Genie" for the NES back in the 80s/90s?

15. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

It's really not difficult as long as you follow the videos on youtube. Yeah, Im still looking for an additional controller. Wish they had packed two in with the system, maybe in a few more months lol. I never had the game genie but funny you should ask because I think there is a slot to add game genies codes on the hack.

Wilycub likes this.
  16. Wilycub

It still feels pretty intimidating to me. It's like making changes to the computer registry. One small mistake and that's all she wrote! :biggrin

I used to have a NES Game Genie. I think I loved it more than the actual NES itself! LOL! :laugh That little gadget helped me complete a lot of games including the insanely difficult ones like the first "TMNT" and "Ghosts and Goblins". :)

Mark M likes this.
  17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The TMNT game was really difficult. I could never get past the swimming level. My older cousin was pretty good at it though and he got quite far in it. I found the older games really difficult for the NES, Commodore and Spectrum. I only ever completed a couple.