New 6" Classic toy line from Mattel!

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by balgus82, Jul 9, 2015.

1. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

So apparently they're going to be showing these bad boys off at SDCC this weekend. Lion-O and Vultureman have been spotted so far, but I haven't found pics yet.

Source: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=24974

2. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Quite an amazing time to be a ThunderCats fan!

3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Can you imagine if Mattel and Warner Bros. ever collaborated on a "Masters of the Universe/ThunderCats" crossover line? :liono

4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Wowza!! I am so excited right now and I cant wait to get more details on this! :D:thumbsup:

5. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

I am so excited about this! I have collected the MOTU line from Mattel since the beginning, and as it winds down, this is the perfect line to start up! Thundercats has always been my first love, with MOTU following it, so it will be amazing to have the two in a similar scale and perhaps style. That being said, I really, really hope the Horsemen nail this! I am almost always floored by the work they do, but there have been a few face sculpts (Frosta!) and paint choices, etc that I have been a bit disappointed with. In Thundercats…I must have perfection! They are too awesome to not be done absolutely right! I have faith though. Can't wait to see some pics.

6. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Totally unexpected, really didnt think this was possible... That being said:

WOW! Pretty cool news! Cant wait for some images!:thumbsup:

7. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Great news! Can't wait to see pictures.

8. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Doing the happy dance :thumbsup:.

30th Anniversary of ThunderCats is shaping up so well :).

Do you guys think this will be sold in stores or exclusive to MattyCollector.com?

9. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I think they should be sold in stores, considering these are in VERY high demand from the original fans and this is a great way to test the retail market again for the cats.

Either way I'm excited!

10. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

I'm gonna bet they'll be MattyCollector.com exclusives.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am so pleased with this news. As much as I have mixed feelings about Mattel, I can't argue that overall they did a good job with MOTUC and if they can do the same with Thundercats I will be more than happy.
    Keeping them to just Matty Collector is a better way to do things as if they were at retail and didn't sell then the line would probably end up getting cancelled before completing the main cast.
    I hope we get some different body variations instead of the standard MOTUC buck for all the figures.
    I will definitely buy them. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  12. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

Sources claim it's going to be a continuation to the ending MOTUC line.

Instead of MOTUC 2016, subscribers will get TCC!

Cannot verify myself so it's not final, just friends who are working at SDCC. :rolleyes:

13. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

I highly doubt it will be a continuation of a different brand. You cant have a MOTU subscription and end up with ThunderCats, right? MOTUC will most likely be "Rebranded" in 2016, it's not clear how yet. ThunderCats will probably have the same subscription model, but it's a new line altogether. But like you said, we'll have to wait for the Mattypalooza Panel.

14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am super excited about this but starting to wonder if it a subscription model how much it might be. Hopefully I can fit it into my budget because I would be thrilled to buy all of them!

15. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I wonder if the value goes up for Bandai Thundercats now that we have new figures from Mattel?

These should be sold in stores along with the option to buy through Mattycollector.com

16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I was actually wondering the opposite. If with fans allocating money towards Mattel Thundercats would drive the demand/price down on the Bandai line? I will still be attempting to buy all the Bandai Thundercats variations I can afford either way!

:D

17. balgus82

The Bandai figures aren't very expensive right now anyway. I literally bought all the 6" figures, including Tygra, for $5 each.

18. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

Tygra for $5???? Lucky you!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
  19. Wilykit

Wilykit New Member

Super psyched about Thundercats from Matty! Seriously this is perfect timing for me... I hope the 2001 designs are made alongside the Classic designs, just like MOTU! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

20. balgus82

Yup actually found it in a local Roses. lol