New line and storyline issues

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Bengali, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

If a new toyline comes out, maybe similar to MOTUC, will the 2011 and classic series be separate universes or will the line fuse different things similar to what MOTUC did with 200x? I truly believe it will be very difficult to fuse things especially with how extreme 2011 differs with the original. Would you like there to be physical fusions with the figures having "hybrid" attributes that combines both new and classic looks?

I personally think the 2011 series should be completely scrapped, and a new line should just focus on the original, that's just me though. Thoughts?

2. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

No 2011 anything lol

3. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Just like MOTUC I'd like them to focus primarily on the original but if the line is successful enough to continue throw in some of the good 2011 (Claudus, Lion-o, Pumyra) and maybe some planned but unseen characters like Lynx-o (yes, I know we saw his face once!).

I personally this would be really successful if done properly like MOTUC was. Producing all the lunatics main Tcats and mutants would run them 2-3 years and would probably sale nearly as good as MOTUC. And as that line winds down the 4 horsemen might even be available!

The fact that anyone is paying $250 for a lunatic custom figure should be proof of concept for them to start the line!!!

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If there was a MOTUC Thundercats line I don't think there would be a large percentage of fans wanting 2011 figures.
    It's just a series that didn't really work like New Adventures of He-Man, Turtles the Next Mutation etc.

5. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Well, IF a new adult collector line was attempted, I'd like it to be based on the 80's animated series. A 'hybrid' style should not be attempted, because the new designs are too different from the classics. I think BanDai was kinda on the right track with the 2 seperate lines of 6" 2011 figures and the ThunderCats Classic figures. Some design choices I didnt, and still dont, understand, but basically I'd like to see a continuation of the 6" BanDai lines.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

My only real complaints with the Bandai Classics (8"+6") and NS (6") was the unpainted plastic, screw holes and super soft plastic for the weapons.

7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree. The Bandai line has caught a lot of grief (some well deserved) but I have been very happy with them overall. It's too bad we had the scale fiasco and never got more of the Classics.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Even with it's faults the 8" Lion-O was great fun to pose, play and mess about with. Without any doubt the best piece Bandai made for Thundercats.

9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree. I would have been happy with the 6" or 8" actually. I think had they produced more classics they would have sold well.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree. I think the scale change though really angered a lot of fans that had already invested in the 8" line. It seems stupid though making two different scales. They should both have been 6" or 8" so both lines could display and interact with each other. Also Mumm-Ra seemed very cheap compared to what most fans were expecting, no cape, nor weapons, Ma-Mutt....and the sculpt wasn't great.

11. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

It will make more sense to have new toys based on the old toon cause that is the most famous toon, but to be honest, i[ d be more interested in toys based on the 2011 line.

leon-o from the classic line (8 inch) looks very cool, but tygra looks akward, like if he was from a different toy line/sculptors.

Not sure about the other leon o (6 inches) but a friend of mine told me he looked skynny

12. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

I agree with Mark, the sculpts were nothing to get excited about and to me they just seemed unappealing (I.e. Super glossy paint jobs). Also, who wants an 8" figure? That's like Megos. I didn't think I'd mind till I ordered them online and was like "wow...... This are huge..."

If they would have just done a decent 6" line of nice sculpts and paint jobs they probably would have sold like crazy IMHO.

13. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree. Heck even with the faults they did have I would have bought all of the figures they produced if they would have only seen it through!

14. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I quite like the 8inch scale that they went with, and in terms of build quality over the 6inch version it's much better. Mumm-Ra was OK, but the smaller Lion-O just feels flimsy compared to the bigger one.

The 8 inch scale does make cusomising easier too, so I'm a bit biased there, but it would have been great to see the line continue officially.

I hope that at some point a company who really has their heart in it get's the license and we see some quality figures.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am a bit biased as one of my favourite toy lines was in 8" scale, Bravestarr. Having said that though with them all being 8" and the uniqueness of the Thundercats characters I can understand how it would be a problem for the larger and less human shaped characters.