New Poll for 2017 wishlist

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Which 5 figures do you want as part of the 2017 sub?

1. Tygra or Cheetara

70.6%
  2. Mandora

58.8%
  3. Any Lunatak

70.6%
  4. Slithe

88.2%
  5. Any Berserker

35.3%
  6. Captain Cracker / Captain Shiner

17.6%
  7. Safari Joe

35.3%
  8. Rataro / Ratilla

23.5%
  9. Driller

41.2%
  10. Hachiman

41.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

After the news that came out recently that the Club Third Earth line may only be 6 figures, plus an exclusive, I've compiled the top favourites from the previous 2 polls. Which figures do you want? You can only select 5 because Jaga and Grune have already been confirmed. The "fifth" choice could be an exclusive (or for all we know Jaga or Grune would be it). We won't know until we see what the 2016 SDCC exlcusive is, but let's give it a go folks!
    PS: sadly there are not enough choice options to add the other figures that were in the top of the previous polls - these included Wizz-Ra, Bengali or Lynxo. I have grouped Captain Cracker and Captain Shiner into one as I do believe that we're more likely to get either or than both. The poll will close in one month.

2. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I have a feeling we will see Willa sooner rather than later as well!

Mark M likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think Willa should be a quarterly figure in a 2-pack with Nayda instead of one of the 6x bi-monthly spots.

Sebastiaan and Ianm1225 like this.
  4. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

That would thrill me! Especially because I'm not sure we could really count on getting Nayda any other way!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  5. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

I think your missing Monkian from that list...
    The Mutant team cannot be completed with the 3 main characters!
    [​IMG]

6. Sebastiaan

Yes true, he is missing, but this poll is based on the previous 2 polls, and combined the most votes from them. I'm sure Monkian will either come in the next lot or the 2018 line up. You never know!

7. Sebastiaan

So the votes are in. Thanks to everybody who voted. It looks like this is what most people want for the 2017 lineup.

1. Jaga (confirmed)
    2. Grune (confirmed)
    3. Any Lunatak (most votes)
    4. Slithe (second most votes)
    5. Tygra or Cheetara (I'm including this one as I doubt they'll release the line without a proper core figure)
    6. Mandora or Driller or Hachiman (It was a tie between them)

Do you guys think the line-up will look anything like this? I'm beginning to think that perhaps Mandora or Driller might be next year's exclusive / chase figure. The same with the Lunataks. Perhaps a great combo like Luna & Amok as a two-pack exclusive. If this is the case, I think we might get Lynx-O or Bengali in the line-up too next year.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  8. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

Right now I can not tell if figures from the outside core line up of the Thundercats (Mandora, Driller, Hachiman,etc...) would be Exclusive since Mattell decided to put core figures into their exclusive release...
    As far as if we get the main more important characters in normal subscription release like Jaga, Grune, Slithe, etc... I'm all about that and would be happy about it.

9. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

Where's the option for "I wish the line actually continues!"?

Sebastiaan and Mark M like this.
  10. Sebastiaan

I think the reason the kittens were made an exclusive was because they probably doubted it would sell as individual figures and sell better as an exclusive because they're kids. For those not in the know, they might just think they're kids and not as important as Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. Believe me, some of my friends only recall Lion-O but not the rest of the gang. I'd be happy to get the core lineup too, but then they must at least include the new cats, seeing as Pumyra is already there. Would be silly to leave out Bengali and Lynx-O.

Ianm1225 and Roadpigjohn like this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

With the way Mattel mess about I wouldn't be surprised if the 2016 subscription figures are pushed back until 2017.

12. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

I agree the kids are not as important as the other characters. I always remember the main more protagonist of the cartoon characters by their faculties. Like Panthro strong and intelligent an Engineer. Tygra for it's ability "Invicibility" characteristics and intelligent. Jaga the wise man, etc...

13. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

14. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I agree, but I honestly think that the high cost of tooling completely new bucks for the twins is a factor in this too. Prior to them, there weren't any child-like bucks to build from so they had to start from scratch.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The tooling for unique sculpts has always been one of the reasons I didn't want Mattel making Thundercats in the MOTUC style. Re-using the same basic buck worked for MOTUC as the vast majority of the originals were all made form swapping parts about. But it was plain to see that it didn't work for the leaner more unique New Adventures of He-man figures.

Ianm1225 and Roadpigjohn like this.
  16. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

Yes you're definitely right about that. The 80s MOTU line had plenty of parts re-use, where Thundercats had none. There are so many TC characters that are going to require a new buck (including the guy in my profile pic!). Though I have seen the Horsemen work wonders with those reused parts sometimes. I just really want the line to continue. It will be a crying shame if Mattel pulls the plug on this line because of the nastiness from a small group of MOTU collectors. They need to give us TC fans a chance dangit!

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That is an issue I have always had with this line. Mattel should do it right and not worry about MOTU fans.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  18. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

At the end of the day for most figures they will require new tooling like head, shoulders, arms, etc... So this would not stop Mattell from releasing more figures and we have the example of the MOTUC line...

19. Serval

Serval Crabman

At the very least, they should release Tygra (2017 sub?). Worst case scenario, we end up modding Tygra into Bengali. It should be a relatively quick fix.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  20. Sebastiaan

Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but I think they'll keep one of the main cats until the last "release" line if they do end up cancelling it - so that everybody still subs.