New promo pics of the upcoming ThunderCats Playset, Vehicles and Role Play items!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by blackiecats, May 9, 2011.

1. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

2. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

The Sword of Omens looks pretty cool. I really don't understand the design of the new clawshield. I wasn't impressed with its appearance in the trailer. The ThunderTank looks...interesting. :eek: The Tower of Omens looks like a tree. Is that an invisible Tygra toy with it? That's kinda cool.

3. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I must admit I'm impressed with everything I see here - the Sword of Omens looks like they've kept everything that was cool about the 1980s LJN version and ramped it up by 100%! :)

The "invisible Tygra" variant looks awesome, I'd love to know more about that! :)

Take care... :)

4. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I like the new Claw shield. It looks more like a Shield and less like a furry glove. Tho I do wonder why the eye of Thundera is on it. Having the open cat symbol would be one thing, but the closed eye was only ever on the sword.

I'm hoping the Tower playset is an over-simplification of what's going to be in the show.

Love the tank.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  5. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I liked the furry glove. More, it's those claw thingies sticking out at the end that just look really weird to me. Maybe once the show airs and I see their uses they'll make more sense to me. It would be neat if the sword of omens had the ability to switch between the closed eye and open eye. Although personally, I would rather buy a collectors Sword of Omens than a children's toy. I had a She-Ra sword when I was a kid, it was glow-in-the-dark plastic. I did think it was pretty cool back then.
    Merged Post:
    Also interesting, it appears that there are 2 different kinds of Sword of Omens. One has blue and the other has silver on the hilt with very different designs. Will there be 2 sword of omens in the series?

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  6. balgus82

One's a smaller toy that fits inside the toy Claw shield. The other is a bigger version that doesn't fit inside the Shield.

7. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Why wouldn't the hillt be the same? Especially if it's made by the same company. I would think they'd want it to look just like the movie or as much as they can.

8. balgus82

From what I heard the colors on the prototype figures weren't final. *shrugs*

9. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

I really want that Tygra. Not that I'll be able to find it once I got it home, but that would be true even if it wasn't an invisible variant.

10. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Wait, are you guys saying that the invisible Tygra will not be an actual toy? Say it isn't so! That would so totally rock. Be a kid playing with your Thundercat figures, you want Tygra to become invisible so you whip out your invisible Tygra. That would be way cool.

11. balgus82

No one was saying that. When I was talking about colors not being final I was referring to the differences in the Swords that you mentioned.

12. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

So there's hope.:thumbsup:

13. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

this looks even more awesome then when we saw it at NY Toy Fair. I wonder if Invisible Tygra is an exclusive figure that you get with the Tower of Omens Playset?

14. I like everything but the Tower of Omens I hope the final product is better than what I see in those pics

15. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

I love the fact that the new sword has a light up eye just like the original.

Not a big fan of the Tower of Omens either but that invisible Tygra is bad ass.
    Hope it's included and not just in the promo pics "a la LJN".

16. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

This stuff couldnt look any worse..I wonder why this reboot is so 'kiddie', ThunderCats should be for the adults that remember it.

17. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

That means the success of a new series would be based on the number of fans of the original, who still remember it 25 years later, and would still like it enough to watch and collect the figures. I see many reasons why that business model is bound to fail.

You've gotta aim for a kids-age group to cater to in order for it to be a success. I fear they may have gone with an age group that is a little too young, but no way to know until they air the show.

18. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I agree with that. I doubt there'd be enough of a market to make products solely for adult collectors. A collectors Sword of Omens would be cool.

19. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Masters of the Universe Classics ;)

20. balgus82

motu isn't trying to sell a new tv show and will probably have a smaller amount of copies made.