New ThunderCats T-Shirt!

Discussion in 'Vintage Collectables' started by mcss aerocoupe, May 20, 2011.

1. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Found a new ThunderCat T-Shirt at Wal-Mart about a week ago. Been too busy in the evenings to get a picture til now. Image takes up the entire front of the shirt with only about a 2 inch space between the top and the neck and bottom and bottom of the shirt. Here it is:

Attached Files:

2. Sepphara

Sepphara Vortex Explorer

They had that at HotTopic online, but now I must go to Walmart and get that seeing I had a TON of the isngnia shirts and no cast shirt. MUST GO. MUST BUY. Thanks for the info!

Was it on the wall with the other screen t-shirts or rack??

3. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

It was on a wall/bin where they have about 5 rows of bins high and about a dozen columns wide with various character shirts like Batman, South Park, Star Wars, etc.

I don't get why the New ThunderCats are on the shirt as well as the Mutants, but no Snarfer, Vultureman, Ratar-O, or Lunataks.

4. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Not really fond of the artwork. Why is Monkian yellow? Tygra's face looks all wrong and icky, like an evil clown or something. Wilykat, Kit, and Pumyra are looking a little possessed there or do they have pupils that I'm just not seeing? Not a fan of Lion-O looking like he has an anger management issue. :eek: Snarf, Mumm-Ra, Jackalman, and Slithe I think look the best.

5. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Some of the poses are from the artwork from the first DVD releases.

Ben-Gali - cover of Season 2, Vol. 1, Disks 5 & 6 case
    Lynx-O - cover of Season 2, Vol. 1, Disks 3 & 4 case
    Cheetara - back cover of Season 2, Vol. 1, Disks 5 & 6 case
    Snarf - back cover of Season 2, Vol 1 outside box

Kit, Kat, and Pumyra have very thin pupils on the shirt. Lynx-O is missing the red marks over his eyelids. And yes, Tygra's face has a lot of white, like the new version.

6. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Not too crazy about the character representations either. They mostly all look very angry like a bad ass gang you happen to walk into lol! I still prefer the insignia instead.

7. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

Men's clothes or women's?

8. It's in the men's clothing department, I should know, I bought it two weeks ago. :D I paid a little over $7 for it.

9. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I agree. I think they look like a gang of evil thugs. Well, except Snarf.

10. Sepphara

Sepphara Vortex Explorer

Well I'm headed to my Walmart today so I'll see if they have it. If they do I'll take it home and work some of my textile ink magic upon it to see if I can fix it up a bit. Should be able to get Tygra looking better and make some of them a bit more accurate. I'll take pics.

11. They've had that on either 80stees.com or stylinonline.com for months. I constantly scour those and other sites for great new 80s tees and there haven't been any great new ones in a while. This one would be great it if were on a different background other than Black. There's also the awesome Mumm-Ra the Ever Living one that is again on black.

I understand why the majority of them are on black tees, but not everyone wears black. At least offer a second color that isn't white (red, blue, yellow, something).

The design is great, just stinks its only offered on a black tee.

12. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I used to have one from Hot Topic, but the picture wore off after so many washings.

13. Sepphara

Sepphara Vortex Explorer

Well I went into Worcester to hang with some friends and they have the second biggest Walmart in the US, and they had the shirt! SO I picked it up and worked my magic on it. I'll take pics and post soon with a before and after. Considering, it came out pretty good Haha. Lets hope it survives the wash!