New Toy Grading Company!!! Collector Source Grading

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by MannysCollectibles, Dec 30, 2007.

1. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

ok then yes they have that. I thought you were talking about like a 1/4 inch gap or something similar

2. CSGrading

CSGrading Guest

We would like to introduce ourselves here on the forums and say hello to everyone, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Our website is being moved to a new server at the moment but should be back up toward the end of the week. We moved servers due to an additional site that I think everyone will enjoy. Feel free to call us at 864-296-0248
    Thanks,
    Collector Source Grading

3. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Thanks for the intro I must say that so far I am extremely impressed with the customer service you guys have provided.

On a side note I sent my figures on the 4th and were received i think on the 6th or 7th and should get them in the next few days since they were shipped today. That means the turnaround will probably less than 11 days. You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Sweet! Be sure to post pics as soon as you get them Manny.:slythe:

5. MannysCollectibles

CSG Review

This review is to show my personal experience with the newest grading service, CSG. Ill review and grade on here several key points in the whole process. Please feel free to suggest any points I may have missed and Ill do my best to address them.

Submission Forms- CSG’s submission forms are very easy to fill out and give you several options as far as which kind of service you would like. Unlike the other grading service you are not require to specify if the figure is vintage or modern and there is no custom prcing on items, simply state the size of the figure measured by length,width and height and figure out the service you would like wether it is 1-3 days turnaround, 4-10 or 11-20 days. You are also given an option of where specifically to place the grading sticker and an option of 2 different logos. There are 6 choices for the location of the label. Overall a very easy form to fill out. It would be nice to see online forms in the future to make submissions quicker.

Grade 5/5

Prices and Turnaround Times- Prices for submissions are extremely competitive and affordable for grading and casing services. Even their fastest service is cheaper than the competition. Their turnaround times are actual days, not business days which greatly speeds up turnaround time. I personally sent my items with the 11-20 day turnaround time price. Sent the items on the 4th of January and 3 days later they were received, at that time I received a confirmation email by CSG stating the safe arrival of the item, however during transit one of the figures got damaged which CSG notified me of and promptly submitted a picture. Items where shipped back to me graded and cased on the 15th of January and are arriving today 17th January, that is a turnaround of less than the 11-20 day turnaround which is way beyond my expectations. Thumbs up, way up!!!!!!

Grade 5/5

Cases- Their cases are your standard custom acrylic cases however they are custom etched with CSG’s logo, making the item look like a museum piece. Nice detail to say the least. There is one issue that may make collectors a bit weary due to the fact that the case itself is slightly open in the bottom to allow air circulation. It seems to be the standard due to the fact that moisture can permanently stay in the figure if the case is completely sealed. It boils down to personal preference but it would be nice for the customer to be given a choice wether they want the case fully sealed or not.

Grade 4/5…Rated less due to the small opening in the bottom but perhaps in the future it can become an option.

Customer Service- CSG answered all my questions promptly, their service was simply impeccable and outsanding. CSG’s customer service represents the very best you can get.

Grade 5/5!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post pictures tonight but overall i would highly recommend CSG

6. CSGrading

CSGrading Guest

Collector Source Grading

Hello Everyone,

We just would like to update everyone and let you know that our website is back up. Thanks to everyone for their patience while we took care of these issues. We finally got it transfered to the new server and it should be fully operational. If anyone has any problems with it please let us know.

Thank you for such kind words, it is greatly appreciated. We feel it is our goal and obligation to provide everyone with the best service possible. It has been our pleasure working with everyone.

We are currently working an another website with something new that we think everyone will be very interested in. This new venture will be up and announced within the next week. Our online submission form is in the works as well and will be ready shortly.

Thanks again to everyone. We look foward to working with you.

Thanks,
    Collector Source Grading

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us anytime.
    Phone: 864-296-0248
    Email: info@collectorsourcegrading.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2008
  7. MannysCollectibles

Allright guys I finally got around to take pics, the packaging was superb, tons of peanuts and bubble wrap and a very big box to make sure the cases didnt break. If you look at the picture where it shows the bottom of the case you wouldnt even be able to tell that there is a minuscule gap, you actually have to press on the bottom to even notice it, my gap worries have been put to rest i can certainly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The grading was all I was hoping for and then some, totally accurate. The follwing are the grades for my Lynx-O:

LJN Toys Thundercats
    1986 Lynx-O SOC
    CC- 8.2
    CQ- 8.4
    BQ- 8.0
    BT- 7.0
    FQ- 9.2
    FC- 8.8
    Overall Grade- 8.3

and my Tygra...

LJN Toys Thundercats
    1985 Tygra Young- No Catalog
    SOC (Y)
    CQ- 7.8
    CC- 8.2
    BQ- 6.0
    BT- 7.2
    FQ- 8.8
    FC- 8.0
    Overall Grade- 7.6

CSG has my business from now on!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. AlexofThundera

Wow that is awesome Manny! Now I can't wait to get my figure back.

The case looks great and I like the expanded grading scale they use. The turn around time is awesome as well. Very cool!

9. MannysCollectibles

I spoke to them yesterday and they said that some of the submissions from members on this forum was on their way

10. MannysCollectibles

Hey Alex have you received your figure back?? Also if anybody else has received their submissions please post your experience.

11. AlexofThundera

No not yet. They did cash my check though so I imagine everything is on schedule.

Update: I just shot them off an email. I will let you know what they say.

2nd Update: It ships out tomorrow!

3rd Update: I get my package on Monday. From the day they got it to the day they sent it I think was 13 days not counting sat's and sun's. All in all I am quite happy with the turn around time. I will let everyone know how it turns out when I receive my shipment. I am looking forward to it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  12. MannysCollectibles

Thats excellent turnaround, hands down a much faster turnaround than AFA's second fastest service. I sent in my Luna Lasher Mumm-Ra to get graded/cased. It probably wont score too high on the grading but since my main concern is getting it cased, grading for that is kind of a bonus. Im looking forward in seeing how they case the Mumm-Ra with its fairly large accessory. I have no doubts that its gonna look really nice cased.

When payday comes around I will be sending in my Snarf Plush that AFA totally refuses to grade because it doesnt fit their qalifications. For such an oversized item it will only cost aproximately $130 far cheaper than AFA.

13. AlexofThundera

Its Here!!:D

Well, I have to say I am very happy with CSG. The turn around time was fast, communication was good, and I love the more in depth grading scale they use. Not too mention they are cheaper then AFA.

The packaging in shipping it to me was impressive. I got a huge box filled with popcorn, and the actual graded piece was wrapped in even more protective bubble wrap.

I am happy with the grading and feel that it is spot on. I am very happy and will be sending more pieces in to CSG. They've got my business!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (The dust in the last pic is what is on the table, not inside the case)

Make sure to post pics of the Mummra when you get it back Manny, so we can see how the loose figures are cased as well.
    I would love to send in my L/C Stinger to get cased/graded, but I am super nervous about the wings breaking off during shipping.

All in all I believe we have found a great alternative to AFA. :slythe:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  14. MannysCollectibles

Hey Alex that looks awesome and I think I kinda like the smaller CSG logo. I am waiting right now for the invoice from CSG, once i pay they should be starting the grading process.

The packing on mine was the same, it totally impressed me how well it was done. If you are going to send a Stinger I would seriously advise to double and even triple package it. Make sure its in a good size box. It should definitely make it without the wings breaking off or anything. I have never seen a Stinger cased and I think it would look awesome. I am looking forward to my Luna Lasher Mumm-Ra to come back and I know its gonna look really nice cased.

Ive made my switch to CSG and Im sure as hell not looking back

15. AlexofThundera

Thanks Manny. I too am excited to see how your Luna Lasher Mummra comes out!:D

I think I am going to have to build myself up to sending the Stinger, lol. In the meantime though I have sent CSG a large (36") piece to grade. It is a very rare Ljn MIB Photon Bhodi Li vs Warriarr. I don't think it will grade too high, but it should do well. Its just that I've been wanting it cased for some time now. It will be nice to see how CSG handles large items as well.

Here is a pic of what it looks like (Not my piece but just so you have an idea).
    [​IMG]

After that comes back hopefully I will have some extra funds to send in more stuff, like a few L/C Thundercats.

Let me ask you something, when sending in a L/C figure that has weapons, are they cased with weapons in hand, or are the weapons some how placed elsewhere in the case?

16. MannysCollectibles

Thats a cool piece Alex!!!! You know Im not sure how CSG will handle the weapons but my best guess is that they will be cased on the side. I cant see them casing the items with loose weapons in hand so I would imagine that they would somehow attach them to the side of the case

17. AlexofThundera

Yes thats what I thought too, the weapons on the side, but I am curious as to how they would handle something like a Lion-O w/Snarf? You've got a lot of accessories in that case (Sword, Claw-shield, Light up ring, Pvc Snarf, maybe even the little booklet).

I wonder how they would get the accessories to "stay put".

Maybe they will see this post and let us know or maybe I will send them an email.

18. AlexofThundera

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  19. MannysCollectibles

Dude those pieces look sweet, the Mumm-Ra looks very nice cased. Ill post pics once i receive it in a few days. By the way how well did your Photon item score, what were the sub grades and was it as you expected

20. AlexofThundera

I haven't gotten it yet (Shipped out yesterday) so I don't know the scores, but when I will do I'll let you know.