New Toy Grading Company!!! Collector Source Grading

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by MannysCollectibles, Dec 30, 2007.

1. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Update: Here it is! Just got the gigantic box from the UPS guy and opened it up. My first impressions; "Damn! This looks better then I imagined". The case really makes this piece look better then it already does. Being that this is one of my favorite pieces, I have wanted it cased/graded since the day I got it off eBay.

The case is very solid and clear (Transparent), and the box feels very secure in there (its not going anywhere) thanks to the acrylic inlays inside the case. I am also very satisfied with the grading.

Also, I went with the Level B turn around time for this piece. From the day they got it, to today, its been exactly 8 business days. That is fantastic!

Here are the pics and grading info:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone thinking of going with CSG, please don't hesitate. Thanks for finding this great company Manny.:slythe:

2. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Alex...dude that looks sweeeeet. I cant say it enough that CSG rocks!!! They received my LL Mumm-Ra on the 25th Jan and I just received today so overall a 17 day turnaround using the C level which is by far hands down way way faster than AFA's cheapest service. The LL Mumm-Ra looks beautiful and has that museum piece look. This is my 3rd piece and I cant stress it enough that CSG delivers. Dont hesitate to use their service, Im glad i did.Anyways check out the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up next will be my Plush Snarf...a rather big item but its going to look sweet cased

3. AlexofThundera

Oh man that looks so cool cased! I love how they use the acrylic inlays to keep the figure secure, and the acrylic "roof" as well. Your right, it does look like something you would see in a museum.

Also another thing I like about CSG is that they use a curved front for the sides of their cases, rather then just a plain flat square on all sides. Really adds a nice touch to the casing. I don't have any of my AFA pieces right next to me, but I don't think AFA's cases are curved on the front side(s).

4. MannysCollectibles

I only have one AFA piece and it is curved however its possible that may have changed. Either way I love the inlays and the "roof" on it. Im almost tempted to send in a regular sized loose figure to see how it comes out with the accesories attached to the sides rather than on the figure itself. The Luna Lasher Mumm-Ra case mustve been quite a feat to build it due to its size....CSG must have some good engineers for these cases LOL.

Once i send in my Plus Snarf Ill let you all know how it turns out.

5. AlexofThundera

Yeah, they definitely have it together when it comes to fabricating these cases and the small inlays that hold everything in place. They must have a really good laser guided cutting machine, or have a 5 star company that does it for them. I've worked with Acrylic before and I can tell you this is good stuff they are producing.

The Snarf should come out great as we now know they do great work with large items. Plus the fact that it is boxed (if I remember correctly) will really shine through when cased. It just gives the box a nice "new/glossy" appearance when viewed through the case.

I am now wondering how other loose figures like the Driller or even the Astral Moat Monster would look!

After seeing how the LL Mummra turned out I definitely want a few of my loose Tcats cased/graded by CSG, but I am gonna have to take a break for a bit and save up some $$$. Maybe next month.

6. MannysCollectibles

Oh the Astral Moat Monster,Driller or Stinger should be interesting. One thing i forgot to mention with the LL Mumm-Ra was that it is completely sealed with no chance whatsoever of dust getting in there.

One thing that came to mind that would be neat for them to do is to provide a copy of their grading report to see where the deficiencies come from. It would definitely be something neat to display next to the figure itself.

7. AlexofThundera

I do plan on sending in my Stinger, but first I need to construct a nice secure box. I am thinking of using thin plywood to line the bottom, sides, and top of box for extra reinforcement. So it can't be crushed. Then pack the actual figure in a way that it moves as little as possible in there. I am just afraid of the wings breaking in transport. I know you've said they should be fine with proper packaging, and I am pretty good with packaging my items, but I can't help but be nervous about it.:D

8. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

manny i am also interested in seeing how the plush snarf turns out. mine is sitting in my attic with a plastic bag over it. I think it would turn out pretty good. Im also thinking about having my glasslite figs cased and my tounge a saurus (but they are hard to find and expensive and dont want them lost, im a little nervous)

9. MannysCollectibles

id say it would be worth it to get the glasslite stuff and especially the Tongue a saurus cased. Im interested to see how that would turn out since it is a rather big piece

10. AlexofThundera

Matt, I think that would be a great looking item to have the Tongue a Saurus cased. I can understand your being nervous sending it out though.

I am thinking about contacting CSG and asking if they would do multiple loose figures in one case. For example, all 3 Berbils in one case, with a sticker for each one of them with the grading info somewhere on the side, rather then have each Berbil in a separate case. I think it would look sweet!

11. MannysCollectibles

Ahhh man I didnt even think about that. That would look so cool to have all 3 in the same case and Im sure the grading sticker could easily be placed on it. Please let us know how that turns out and if CSG will do it

12. CSGrading

CSGrading Guest

Hello, to answer your question on putting sveral loose figures in 1 case, that would not be problem. Just email us first on the sizes and if there are any acc. that would be added inside the case, therefore we could determine the overall size it would be. Also each figure would have a seperate grade report.
    Thanks,
    CollectorSourceGrading

13. MannysCollectibles

I will be sending out my Plush Snarf on Monday with the Level B service. I am also thinking about sending a few more carded items as well on Monday.The ones I am thinking about sending are my 8 back Panthro, maybe one of the companions and a signed Star Wars Chewbacca from 1878. The card will not doubt take a hit because of the signature as well as a missing proof pof purchase points in the back. Its no big deal since I just want it mainly to be cased, for a piece like that grading is just a bonus.

Since Ive been collecting I havent sent this many figures to get graded....thats how pleased I am with the service. Also we have contacted CSG to see if they would do gift certificates and if they do we plan on doing some giveaways in the future and perhaps we can add a gift certificate to our customs contest

14. MannysCollectibles

Allright guys, looks like Snarf is on its way back...the Snarf looks awesome. Just check it out...

Attached Files:

15. kylefromdirtnapp

kylefromdirtnapp Vortex Explorer

Wow! Looks straight out of a museum!

16. AlexofThundera

Looks great Manny! And a nice high grade as well.

Congrats!

17. MannysCollectibles

I know and the grading is good as well. I can almost assure its the only graded plush Snarf. Imagine if all the items were cased...

Thanks, for some reason the bigger items look so much better than carded samples, perhaps because they almost resemble the glass cases that are used in a museum

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  18. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

well im going to send mine in sometime now it looks great and will keep the dust off of it. yours has a crack on the nose as well and it got an 8.5. sweet that means i might be able to get a grade like that on mine. how much did it cost to have snarf graded and shipped if you dont mind my asking

19. MannysCollectibles

To have it shipped to them it could vary ubt for them to ship it to you plus grading/casing it would be $130. However that was using the B level so the C level should be about $20 bucks cheaper. I think it did have a crack however everything else on it is in near mint condition

20. AlexofThundera

I just wanted to add that CSG's "B" level is worth the extra $20 if your a bit inpatient like me.;)

The turn around time is really fast.