New Toy Grading Company!!! Collector Source Grading

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by MannysCollectibles, Dec 30, 2007.

1. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

It really is i think i sent mine sometime late last week and I should get it mid week. So really the turnaround time I think was probably around 7 days or so

2. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

Man the cased Snarf is awesome.

3. MannysCollectibles

Tell me about it, its already on the truck and i should be receiving it in a few hours. On a side note the Snarf made it into CSG's spotlight section http://www.collectorsourcegrading.com/view_gallery_images.php?gallery_id=19

CSG is doing awards for different categories http://www.collectorsourcegrading.com/index.php?pgid=7 thought that is really cool from them to do that

On another side note....looks like AFA will now be charging for people to access their population reports :thumbsdown: $2.00/report, how lame can that be as if they dont make enough already on their overpriced service

4. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Their population reports aren't even accurate. Two MOC Captain Power pieces I had graded early last year STILL do not show up when I do a population report.

If you look it up by serial # it comes up, but not the pop reports.

5. MannysCollectibles

And their population reports are so inconsistent when it comes to variations. I mean I would pay an extra 3 dollars to have a copy of the actual grading report, you know showing deficiencies, grader notes and all that but just being able to view it online with no notes from the graders and simple subgrades is IMO a waste of money.

I wish CSG would do something like that ;) i would definitely pay an extra $3 just to havea copy of the grader's report to frame along the actual pieces. It makes it more of a unique experience i think

6. MannysCollectibles

Hey guys I just received some very cool information fromt he guys at CSG. They are now able to offer the Thundercats logo etched on the case as well as the logo for some of the other toy lines such as MASK, Transformers and I think He-Man as well. Please inquire CSG as to any other logos, in the mean time the logo pictured below is the one that they can etch onto the case sort of like what they do with their CSG logo.

Check it out...

Attached Files:

7. AlexofThundera

That is really cool! I like it a lot.

8. jajulo3

jajulo3 New Member

I would like to send some of my moc figures, but I don’t understand how the measuring is done. Under what measurements would a moc Lion o and Mumm ra fall under?

9. AlexofThundera

You need to measure the length of the card; up to down, then left to right, (Height, Width) and then how much the bubble sticks out from the card. Add those three numbers up and you have your measurement.

10. MannysCollectibles

I just sent in today 3 more pieces from my collection. An 8 back Panthro (no catalog), A Mumm-Ra with battery offer and a 1977 Chewbacca signed by Peter Mayhew. Will give you guys an update when i receive them again.