New version Lion-O 2.0 from Mattel

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That was one thing I preferred about Thundercats to MOTU, there was not multiple variants of the main two characters. Aside from normal Lion-O the only other Lion-O's would be evil red Lion-O and young Lion-O.

2. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I also think we might get more than those three in the long run ... I would like one with the crown and cape as he appeared in the Anoinment Final Day: The Trial Of Evil!

Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

That would be so cool. ^-^

4. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Oh yes! That's a brilliant idea Gerrit! I would love to have him wearing his crown and cape. He really looked awesome there. I would love to get the Red Lion-O and the young Lion-O too. As long as they stay away from the naked versions from the Exodus episode. I don't mind them in the episode at all, can still remember them clearly from when I first saw them on telly, but it might look a bit odd to have "naked" ThunderCats on the shelves. It would be like looking at undressed Barbie and Ken with lots of muscles lol.

Daremonger likes this.
  5. Daremonger

Hahaha! xD

6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would really like the Red Lion-O! I actually bought an extra one that Bandai produced as I am a huge fan of the character and the "Fond Memories" episode. I would like to see more variations such as the Annointment Lion-O but I hope they hold off until we get some of the other beloved characters that were never produced.

Mark M likes this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Lion-O only wore the cloak and crown in one episode for a few seconds. I really don't think it warrants a figure and would be high up on anyone's priority list of other characters. Maybe at some point a crown and cloak could be released in an accessory pack with other bits and pieces.
    A red Lion-O would be cool though. :)
    There are so many variants and characters in MOTUC that were not needed in any way.

8. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I agree, but also disagree ... I agree that yes, there were too many variants in MOTUC, but they were part of the sub, and that is were I think the mistake come in. Do the variant for the guys that want one, but make it optional and don't waste sub slots on these! Keep these for conventions or extras, but don't force sub holders to take them. TC's don't have a lot of these, so it should be easier to manage than with MOTUC! And wasn't the red Lion-O also only in one episode ? ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Roadpigjohn likes this.
  9. Ksharpe

Ksharpe New Member

hi all.

Think that a medium between the two would be the coolest solution and keep the metallic belt.

Daremonger likes this.
  10. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

I vote for releasing one character at a time and then like a Christmas or exclusive figure make a variant for that particular figure.

I don't want to see this line goes south like SOME OTHERS with 20 variants of one figure and just 4- 5 figures different than the main character in the line...

Did somebody said Batman and Mattel in the same sentence?
    [​IMG]

11. Daremonger

Hi, Kevin! Welcome to the forums! :D

12. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Hey Kevin! Really nice to have you here, I recognized your name and your avatar from having browsed your awesome deviantart gallery. We shared your Panthro vs. Trapjaw recently on our social media accounts. Welcome!

Daremonger likes this.
  13. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

I really love the new Lion-O....he is perfect now.

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well like I said Thundercats never really had variants as such and MOTUC was just updating all the original figures and some unmade figures so I hope they just do the same with Thundercats.
    I know most of the variants in MOTUC were originally made as toys in the vintage line but the ones like Preternia Disguise He-Man, green Skeletor, snake Man-At-Arms, ghost King Grayskull etc I thought were a bit pointless.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Those Batman figures are Kenner not Mattel. ;)
    I think a better look at Mattel's variants can be seen the MOTU 200X line.http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toycollection.php?id=7
    He-Man, Battle Sound He-Man, Jungle He-Man, Wolf Armour He-Man, Samurai He-Man, Ninja He-Man, Flying Smash Blade He-Man, Snake Armour He-Man, Snake Hunter He-Man, Battle Armour He-man, Eagle Flight He-Man, Martial Arts He-Man, Mecha-Blade He-Man, Mega-Punch He-Man, Shield Strike He-Man. Skeletor had pretty much a matching variant to all of He-Man's.
    The original line had about 5-6 variants of He-Man and Skeletor, and the New Adventures series had 3.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  16. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I dont mind variants but Id prefer them completing the line first with figures we dont have.

I do however think that a Lion-O with crown and cloak would look great and would be all for it but at the end of the line.

Please someone wake me up and tell me its 2016 already.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  17. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

The new version look much better, it seems to me a bit stocky and short, closer to the HeMan toy figure but i guess there is much to be done and improvements to be shown till it is released

18. Daremonger

That's true.

19. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

My god, how many times you said He-Man???

Mark M likes this.
  20. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

Totally agree with this statement...