New Voltron Game(s)

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by mcss aerocoupe, Feb 16, 2011.

1. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Original article: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7578-THQ-Announces-Voltron-Video-Games-Are-Coming.html

I love how the first comment there is about ThunderCats, lol. I promise it wasn't me.

2. I cant wait its like 80s toys overload first thundercats, now voltron! :thumbsup:

3. voice_guy

voice_guy Berbill

I hope that they do this one justice, so far most of the "80's come back" properties have been awful.

4. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Cuwel..... :D

5. nathanbjohnson

nathanbjohnson New Member

Voltron was one of the best toys and shows back in the day. I am excited to here about his new game. It really has the potential to be something great. I hope it isn't a big let down. Any idea on who is developing the game? That could play a major factor in whether it turns out to be something special or not.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  6. wthompson

wthompson Crabman

Great news, another one of my favorites as a kid.

7. the trailer for the new Voltron cartoon looks awesome

8. Patreek-O

Patreek-O New Member

I really loved Voltron as a kid. Video games would be awesome!

I haven't seen it, do you have a link?

9. anyone watch the new Voltron show on nicktoons? Its growing on me I like it but still not as good as the 80s version

10. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

In addition the downloadable game on Xbox Live and Playstation Network, there will also be items for Xbox Live Avatars. Items will be placed on the Live Marketplace July 21.

11. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Still no love for the Vehicle Voltron, I see. Somehow I always thought that show was better. Just seemed to be better with overall story progression and had more complex characters. Both shows though were hatchet jobs when compared to the originals.

I hate to sound like some kind of Anime snob, but really, I prefer the original shows they were based on, GoLion and Dairugger. With the American versions having to cut around anyone dying or anything else that would have been found objectionable, the original Japanese versions somehow felt...I don't know...more honest, I guess. Granted, the majority of GoLion's episodes were just as much stand-alone as they were in Voltron. But when it came to the story threads dealing with Princess Amue and Prince Falor, they did a better job of handling it than on Voltron. And that you actually saw people dying helped to convey just how menacing and dangerous the villains really were and what was at stake.

Likewise with Dairugger, while some of the political aspects still came through in Voltron, it was much more complex in the Japanese version, and I liked that. In that respect, it was much more along the lines of Anime like Star Blazers or the live action American show Babylon 5. The only difference being Dairugger just happened to have a giant robot in it.

12. I just couldnt get into the Vehicle Voltron