No cares about TC 2k11.

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by xluckinekostylex, Jul 20, 2017.

1. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

Looks like another fan who is making a thundercats 2011 project has left the fandom. It seems like no one cares about the reboot anymore. Sure it has its flaws to the storyline but has so much potential, but nobody cares about it anymore, not enough support and not enough fan works. Make it seems like some kind of joke. What a bunch a of thoughtless bunch of fans I've ever known, doesn't anyone cares, anyone?!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I really enjoyed it. A very different take than the original but I was ok with that as I always have the classic series as well.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  3. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Despite what many others say about it, and how it is "not related" to TC, I stil love it. I went into this project with an open mind. It had many fabulous moments. I'm glad it was not exactly the same on the one hand because it will never be the original series. Nothing will ever beat it. It was different and I loved many aspects of it - even that filler episode with the flower people. (Can't remember their name). It was a great interpretation of a bunch of creative people.
    What 2011 project are you referring to exactly? I know many tried to do certain things like completing it comic book style, but there may be many out there.

4. xluckinekostylex

Manga style indie comic. Maybe. You can Reintroduce other supporting characters from the original series. Like for instance Willa and the Warrior maidens, Hachiman, Mumm-rana, Safari Joe, the lunataks , etc. Or an audio drama or audio book.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  5. KosmoKat

KosmoKat Junior Member

There is an English phrase: "Beating a dead horse".

You should look it up.

Booshman likes this.
  6. xluckinekostylex

well, I've heard that phrase before, but that's almost nothing compare to a biblical phrase: "these are the signs of the times".

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

There are plenty of other far superior animated shows that were a lot more successful that haven't been completed or had anything done with them. So the chances of WB doing anything with Thundercats 2011 is highly unlikely.

8. xluckinekostylex

T
    other shows like mlp and tmnt, or others might have their sucessful glory but they are started to become overrated, if you asked me.. But Thundercats deserves to be celebrated, not tarnished.. But WB just being to full with their heads up their butts, on Lego stuff

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Dungeons and Dragons was an amazing 80's series yet it never got properly finished.
    Robotech still hasn't got it's proper ending...even when they were given the chance. Instead they made a movie that did not focus on the part of the story everyone wanted.

WB have no real interest in Thundercats. The best thing WB could do for Thundercats is sell it.

ExelArts likes this.
  10. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

speaking of good shows with no proper endings. REBOOT ended on a cliffhanger!

11. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

Like what superior animated shows? And no anime, During its time the O Tcats was ranked #1 over tmnt and even transformers
    Unless you mean animation quality

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  12. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I think Mark was referring to the 2011 TCats and not the original. :)

Mark M likes this.
  13. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

Ya, I may have read it as him talking about thundercats as a whole

14. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

I think the best thing for ThunderCats is WB selling the IP as long as the new company sticks close to the original.
    WB doesn't give a shit about anything that's not in the D.C. universe, how did WB get the IP anyways did they buy rankin bass or something

We should all pray that Disney doesn't buy it! they'll just dumb it down and turn lion-o into a girl and make it as ridiculous as the rest of Disney channel shows

KosmoKat likes this.
  15. xluckinekostylex

Everyone's a critic these days..

16. xluckinekostylex

Wb needed to just give the reboot and the original series content to idw comics, someone really needs the pickup there the reboot left off. Who cares if the reboot's not relatable the os anyways? This 2011 story needs to be concluded someday. Who cares what people think? Idw is doing a major job on picking up rights to retro cartoon shows.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

Ss
    Viewing your own posts on this site should've told you that already

KosmoKat likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I was referring to the 2011 series.
    Considering some of the strange things IDW have done with Transformers and G.I. Joe I don't know if that would be a good idea. Although if they did get the rights to Thundercats from WB at least there would be a chance of the original Star and Marvel comics getting reprinted.

19. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

Km
    Personally the marvel comics weren't all that great, raping cheetera and tigra was going too far and I hate that pairing

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That was not the original Marvel and Star comics. That happened in the awful WildStorm (owned by DC) comics from the early 2000's.