No cares about TC 2k11.

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by xluckinekostylex, Jul 20, 2017.

1. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

Oh Thank you for clearing that up

2. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

I downloaded those comics and they are indeed wildstorm. The art is very nice too look at but the rest is just terrible. But consider the fact this had happened during the "edgy" time of comics. Not everything needs to be edgy these days.

3. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

Sure the marvel star and wildstorm comics aren't that great to some people who are uber hardcore fans like you and Mark , but they pretty entertaining and epic... I'm mean come on! No wonder the fandom is becoming so picky.

4. xluckinekostylex

Besides not everyone likes campy stuff!

5. mumm_ra_n_rana

Epic? Are you kidding me? How old are you? There is NOTHING epic about making mumm-ra and monkian into RAPISTS!

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I like the Marvel and Star Thundercats comics.

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  7. xluckinekostylex

Ok, except for rape parts.. And no like rape.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The biggest problem with the Wildstorm comics was that they skipped about too much. The first few issues are set after the cartoon finished. The next few issues (The Return) are set ten years after that. Then five issues (Dogs of War) set several years after that. Then five issues (Hammerhand's Revenge) set during season two of the cartoon, then five issues set sometime before The Return.

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  9. xluckinekostylex

Well, they shouldn't screw it up anyway!

10. mumm_ra_n_rana

It was a convoluted mess.

11. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

I think the biggest issue for me in the wildstorm comics was character interactions/conversations, like when cheetera bitches to lion-o saying his father didn't need his hand held and took so much time training, something like that(it's been a long time since I read them), well how would cheetera know she would've been a kitten during claudus's time and lion-o is still 12 or so years old of course he still needed training his a child in a man's body we didn't see you guys spending to much time training him yourself. It was just poorly written

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The WildStorm comics were very poorly written. Although having said that, so was a lot of season three and four of the original series. The whole reforming of Thudera and the Treasure of Thundera storylines were very odd. At least the OS did kind of show Lion-O training/being trained in the Anointment Trials.

13. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

Agreed but poor writing was kinda part of old 80' cartoons

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Depends on the cartoon. There was a some poorly written shows that were just to advertise toys.
    But there was some really wonderfully written shows with good plots, interesting characters and moral lessons etc.

15. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

Ya maybe but that didn't change it maybe a episode or a few were poorly written it was just the times, he-man transformers tmnt and she-ra etc. all of them did, infact a lot of modern shows do too

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  16. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Back on topic, it does seem like there is quite the divide when it comes to the 2011 series. I loved it, flaws and all, and would've really wanted for it to have a proper ending, even if it were as a comic book. I think the poster's main concern / comment was - there is not that much love for the 2011 series anymore. To see what the fans on this forum think, why not create a poll to see? But like previous polls that have ended up in a nasty screaming match, a fair warning - the outcome might sway heavily into the "don't love it" territory judging by the comments here. But that's fine, I respect all the fellow board members' opinions. It's like forcing me to like GI Joe hahaha. Nothing wrong with it, just not my cup of tea. My vote goes to "love it (and wish for a conclusion of sorts)". Ho!

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I recall the poll/thread you are referring to. Some hardcore Mattel/Super7/MOTUC/4Horsemen fans couldn't take any of the obvious flaws and complaints with the line and tried to justify the way the Thundercats line was handled.
    A lot of those fans don't seem to comment that much anymore or on the 2011 threads so I don't think I poll on the 2011 series would end in such behaviour.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  18. mumm_ra_n_rana

Hey I never said I outright HATED 2011's series, I just don't like it all that much. There are a few things I like, the animation and world they build was beautifully drawn. The backgrounds and such are lovely to look at it's just the overall plot and characterizations and filler were just, they left much to be desired. You can't exactly run a show on art style alone, there has to be more to it than that.

Mark M likes this.
  19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I can think of some terrible Animes that the only good things about them is that they some nice animation...but as far as writing and characters, they are terrible.

There is also quite a few things I also really liked about the 2011 series. Even with its faults its still better than a few US and Japanese Anime shows.

20. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

I thought the 2011 show was okay. Wasn't terrible, but was nowhere near the original show. I think that probably the closest thing we may ever get to an ending is if Dan Norton, or whoever wrote the majority of the episodes, releases an online prose story like what the Transformers Collectors Club used to do. All the writer would have to do is claim that its little more than unauthorized fan fiction and not charge for it and that would satisfy me just fine.

xluckinekostylex likes this.