No cares about TC 2k11.

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by xluckinekostylex, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I noticed another similarity between Avatar and Thundercats 2011.
    In Avatar Hector Elezondo voiced a large owl, Wan Shi Tong...so guess who was cast to voice Virigor? Hector Elezondo.

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  2. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

seeing as I have not evert watched more than two episodes of air bender I'll take your word for it.

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Avatar Air Bender is a great show but it doesn't get really interesting until episode 6 or 7. Overall it is great with each season progressing the story and characters.

4. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

Iif you say so but I really have no desire to watch it.

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I liked it but there are numerous other cartoons I enjoyed a lot more.

6. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

I know! right?

7. Serval

Serval Crabman

...or release the remaining episodes and all future seasons on Netflix.
    Netflix presents a superb opportunity for WB to release TC2K11. It will be a guaranteed success like Voltron: Legendary Defender.

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  8. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

What you proposed takes a lot of involvement from an army of people, as well as a lot of time, and most importantly, a lot of money. What I proposed only needs to involve a couple writers at best, a mere fraction of the time, and most importantly, cost 0 dollars. Now, having said that, which of the 2 do you think are more likely to happen?

9. Serval

Serval Crabman

Well, anything could happen considering how erratic WB is....I've just noticed that there is a resurgence of nostalgia shows (and animes) on Netflix. If WB is aware of current trends, they would appreciate the opportunity for what it is. WB does possess the manpower and the resources to make it happen and there are talks of them reviving their TC brand...something similar might very well be in the works.

And, we could certainly have the original writers release their content online, as well. It's not about one scenario or the other. As fans of TCs, we should be looking at multiple sources/possibilities for reviving the franchise.

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  10. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

I would love for Thundercats to have a full blown revival. However, the way things ended in 2012 killed any hope I had for that to happen. So I would be content with getting the ending to the 2011 show the way I proposed and then put the Thundercats franchise as a whole to bed.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The 2011 series had good points but the fact is it was a critical and financial failure. WB need to try something new with Thundercats to make it successful like the other 80's shows.

12. xluckinekostylex

2011 Thundercats deserve a comic continuation... Korra has a comic continuation... At least it a was a success

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

By that logic Thundetcats deserved a second season. Korra was a successful cartoon. I don't know if there would be a big enough audience for a Thundercats continuation comic book series.

14. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

I'd like to see a completely new reboot, if the 2011 does keep going they need to keep the lead writer and the lead designer Dan Norton away from it far far away.
    No more Romance triangle BS just completely remove said romance from the story! That's the biggest problem I had with the show personally I didn't like tygra being related to loin-o but I can live with that just make pumyra good.
    I know what what the writers planned for season 2 so it's a died end, the writers pretty much killed there own reboot

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  15. xluckinekostylex

Studio Mir, creators of Avatar should create a new reboot or the continue the 2011 reboot.

16. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

No the creators of Avatar left and is doing the new Voltron series, pretty sure they don't have more talent like those guys.
    Or I might be wrong and they just stopped doing Avatar and went on to Voltron if so then Ya go for it. When does season 3 of Voltron come out anyways?

17. xluckinekostylex

I know they are work for voltron, but it could happen! If they can revive voltron, why not thundercats? I don't know when season 3 , maybe just to wait for an announcement.