Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by adssse, Jul 14, 2016.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Sorry if this is redundant, but I wanted to start a thread where we could share our nostalgic memories. This can include cartoons, toys, childhood memories etc. Really whatever comes to mind.

Just to start it off, does anybody remember buying these from the ice cream truck?
    [​IMG]

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

What a great idea for a thread. I never seen these growing up but learned about thema few years ago when the whole WWE CM Punk storyline was taking place.

3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Happy 30th birthday to Nickelodeon's Double Dare!

shortfuse likes this.
  4. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

VISIONARIES KNIGHTS OF THE MAGICAL LIGHT it was my favourite cartoon from being a kid even tho it only lasted one season with 13 episodes i've always remembered it fondly .
    anyone remember it ? .

LiamABC, Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It was a great show. The toys were also really fun. I had nearly all the toys with the exception of Mortredd and the Skyclaw.

mr freeze likes this.
  6. Daremonger

I remember it.

mr freeze likes this.
  7. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

feryl and the capture chariot was the one i could never get my hands on . i to had all the rest moc / misb . i have thought about collecting them again but it would cost a fortune to get them all nowadays .

Mark M likes this.
  8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I used to be totally into DD. As a youth. I even had the at home game.

Daremonger likes this.
  9. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

Anyone besides me watch this growing up?

Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  10. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I saw a few of these growing up. I thought it was pretty cool, but wasnt one of my top cartoons.

11. Daremonger

Indeed. ;)

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The first Visionaries toy I got was Rekkon with the Dagger Assault. It was huge. It's quite expensive to get now.
    I would have watched this show a lot more but here in Ireland it was broadcast at odd times. I only seen one episode in 97/98. But a couple year later a friend had lots of them recorded so I got to see quite a lot in 2000/2001. I wish I had been more into it at the time and got the toys. I bought Optimus Primal the black gorilla because I thought it looked cool. I didn't know it was an actual transformers until after I had bought it when I was reading about it. I assumed it was just some animal transforming robots.

13. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I regret selling a lot of my toys. But due to the size of my collection I had no choice. :( Really regret selling the Thundercats but I had no choice as the plastic was going weird.

15. mumm_ra_n_rana

heh it's a sequel to G1 actually. I own a 15 year anniversary Dinobot and a Japanese Inferno from the series and I really wish I could get Depth Charge. Ah well. The series is good and I love it. Even though the CGI is dated now it's still very watchable.

Mark M likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I meant I got the toy of Optmus Primal before I seen the Beast Wars cartoon in January/February 1998. I remember when I got the toy as I seen it in the new catalogue that came out. The first episode of Beast Wars I seen was over the Easter holidays.

17. mumm_ra_n_rana

the first episode is one of a two parter but you probably know that by now.
    I understood what you meant. Sorry.

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The first episode I seen was one with Cheetor getting stuck in Tarantulus' web.

19. mumm_ra_n_rana

Lol THAT episode is one of the most disturbing episodes in the series.

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I must re-watch it again. It must be over 10 years since I last seen it.